:popcorn:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Waiting on the flaming? Yeah hopefully it doesn't get to that.

I've rode in a car with NOS but they didn't use it when I was with them. From my understanding of it, it's not best to be used with a stock motor. Stock internals, etc. But I'm not too educated on the matter.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I had 36 little cups of NOS at Hot Import Nights once but I was driving my gsr at the time.

Hook it up and let her eat man

okay honestly you NEED to do a ton more research

Last edited:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well, NOS is a brand name. nitrous is the slang term for what you are referring to, Nitrous Oxide (N2O). I've personally never used it, or ridden in a vehicle while spraying. But the idea is simple.. cram some supercooled oxygen into your engine, some extra fuel and voila, instant power gain. There's no reason why you can't use it on a stock engine as long as your fuel system can deliver the goods and you're not exceeding the power capabilities of the mechanical parts of your engine. 200whp+ is definitely doable on a b16

Last edited:

ribal_gh

well... im so confused, i have to decide either to install nitrous on my b16 which seems to be good decision since the power will be used only when needed, i guess 50 shots are enough but im worried if the engine can handle this,
or;
go for a Frankeshtein !! B20 block on my b16 head, also wonderning how succesful would that be.

More opinions Guys =)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would personally stay away from nitrous on a daily driven vehicle. Plus its not street legal to have hooked up for street use in most states!

ribal_gh

I would personally stay away from nitrous on a daily driven vehicle. Plus its not street legal to have hooked up for street use in most states!
daily driven, but on week ends..its a different situation : )
and im not living in the states! so its legal =)

Rinzler

I had a zex dry system in my honda prelude f22 non-vtec was my dd till i sold it. As long you don't go crazy with what size jet aka shot you use a b16 on a 55 shot shouldn't hurt it at all, that's just my opinion.

eflove66

do yourself a favor and not spray. build your motor, and spend money on some valve train upgrades and tuning. there's your best bet as opposed to wasting money on something that's not really all that great