Her names Deloris until she's prettier

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used to own a 1993 del sol S. I could lend some advice. Many people here could help you out on your restoration journey. Lots of smart people on the site.

How about some pics of the ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a bad start. I see you got a little body work to look forward to. Good to see it's got the d16z6 and not the d15b7. Is it the Si?

What's your plans?

Domo sol

Not a bad start. I see you got a little body work to look forward to. Good to see it's got the d16z6 and not the d15b7. Is it the Si?

What's your plans?

Ya it's the si and I have plenty of body work to do lol. I am taking it apart completely and color swapping it to orange and I wanna keep it stockish no un attractive body kits for me and plan on doing a rear disc brake conversion when I take her all apart.
Great news about the body work there structural damage (sarcasm) so I will end up fixing that ASAP and I have to put together the interior behind the seats.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm building my dads d16z6 95 del Sol currently. If u have any questions, I can probably find an answer for you. Just gotta pm me.

Domo sol

I plan on keepin them and redying them orange to match the color of the car I would consider selling but they are pretty faded and the bracket is broken on the driver side and the passenger side can't stay still on the tilt angle lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Szady has a Del Sol, and is a VERY knowledgeable D-series guy. Hit him up!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
X2 for this! His write up for auto to manual swap is deep!

Also eran has a clean ass del sol but he's not active on the site right now. I may be getting another one soon! I miss mine :(

Domo sol

I'll be sure to ask him if I need help

X2 for this! His write up for auto to manual swap is deep!

Also eran has a clean ass del sol but he's not active on the site right now. I may be getting another one soon! I miss mine :(

That's what everyone says I miss mine lol

Last edited by a moderator:

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im a del sol owner as well. first thing I would recommend is getting some Shin-etsu silicone grease from the dealership for the seals. it basically rehydrates them and makes them expand back out to help keep water from getting in. great stuff. then look in the quarter panels, rocker panels and trunk area for rust.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just now found this... Thanks for NOT letting me know about this, Shaun. :lol:

The ONLY down part about owning a del Sol (besides getting made fun of for driving a girl car) is the water leakage. Which, in turn, will cause rust. Like stated above, Shin-Etsu grease will condition the seals to help prevent them dry-rotting out. I've used dielectric grease before with the same results (it's only $5 a tube compared to the $16/tube from Honda for the Shin-Etsu).

Body flex is another HUGE factor as well, as the cars are designed around the Civic chassis, with added support for the open roof. Because of this, the body flexes and twists WAY more than a Civic will. This in turn causes certain areas of the body to crack (door jams are the biggest area).

Just a few things to keep in mind. As stated (and I KNOW I'm way late on this..) but feel free to hit me up if you need/want any more info. :thumbs up

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just now found this... Thanks for NOT letting me know about this, Shaun. :lol:
Well MAYBE if you were around more often you would have seen this earlier! :cool: