Any good brands of HID-type bulbs?

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you have stock usdm headlights with the reflector bulb thing, scatter will be minimal. However if you have jdm spec headlights like the ctrs without the reflector bulb thing then it will scatter like hell.

Halogen

35w 5000k Raptor Kit Lo-beam. You can see the scatter above the beam cutoff. Color is also washed out because the light is too bright and my iphone is reducing the exposure. my foglights are still the same color as the top picture. There is actually less blue but once again, iphone lol.

Here's some videos from a member on ej8squad with stock housing
55w 4500k Slim Kit Hi/Lo-beam
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/mienlee/DDM Tuning 55w 4500K HID kit/?action=view&current=f05037df.flv

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/mienlee/DDM Tuning 55w 4500K HID kit/?action=view&current=32e4f9ed.flv

moebiius

5+ Year Member
some one posted a blue EK hatch with color matched eyelid or eyebrow for the headlights, but it seems that they deleted or took the picture out, or maybe I'm smoking the pipe again lol!

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maybe I'm smoking the pipe again lol!
Bingo... I don't remember that pic.

Not a fan of eyelids, myself, but they do help with the HID cutoff.

sickau29

i just bought a pair of 35w 8000k as well, should be on in about a week. i read on a few posts that some guys are having trouble with light scatter with HID on a stock housing. any of you guys having problems with that at all?

i like the pic of the 8000k lucas29, hoping mine turn out the same way.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
By the way, Wilshire, I haven't forgotten about your sig, I've just been really busy. I'll definitely get around to it eventually, though.

Aldundra

5+ Year Member
Just got my tracking number, my HID's are gonna arrive this coming thursday

I first thought i got the 55w 8000k, but it turns out i forgot to check off the 55w option, so now they are gonna be more blue then im expecting, so I'm hoping they will still look good

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I find it interesting that since you have real CTR headlghts, the arc of the beam goes up to the left as opposed to the right.
yeah, beams aiming towards on coming traffic and glare from HIDs = blind drivers lol. but it has enough glare to reflect off the signs on the right side haha.

sadivysam

I picked up HID lights for my 08 Civic takes a 9006 application picked em up from hidnation.com. There working great it was a simple installation..