Any Neuspeed/Bilstein coilover users?

95jdmej1

Hey guys, just checking to see if anyone has used the Neuspeed/Bilstein combo coilovers on their Civic. I tried searching for reviews but they were all for german cars, so I wanted to see what the Honda world thought of them. All the bmw/audi etc owners seem to LOVE Bilstein, H&R and Neuspeed and dont seem to like anything else. It seems to be a very liked setup on everything, except japanese cars. Is it because their products arent as good for the jap cars as they are for the german cars, or is it because most Honda owners look for japanese products for their cars instead of german products?

Either way, if you have any experience with this Neuspeed/Bilstein combo coilover setup, http://import.neuspeed.com/185/2/0/489/752001-coilover-suspension-kit.html , please let me know what you thought of them. The good, the bad etc....

Thanks guys!

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Probably a pretty good quality setup. Spring rates seem to be a bit soft, but other then that, looks good!

95jdmej1

No one has any experience with this Bilstein/Neuspeed coilover setup?

Is it possible to use standard lowering springs with the threaded Bilsteins in the kit? Or would my only option be the springs that come with them or GC coils?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bilstein makes some really good shocks and Neuspeed makes some decent springs. Shouldn't be a bad setup.

With any adjustable coilover you cannot use normal lowering springs with them. The spring perch on the shocks are completely flat. You'll find that the springs used with adjustable coilovers are flat on the bottom and top so they sit flush with the perch and the top mount. So with the kit that you linked, you're best using the springs that come with it. If down the road you want to change spring rates or w/e, you can buy new springs with different numbers(Eibach, Hypercoil, Swift, etc..).