Anyone ever used a ebay short ram intake or ebay cai for 09 si sedan?

Eldubsbro0610

I bought a ebay cai to see how it would be and my car is lowered on skunk 2 alphas and the intake is like touching the ground almost . Is their a trick or did I put it on somehow the wrong way/angle? Also after that I bought a short ram and wanted to know if anyone had any luck ?

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
I bought an ebay CAI for my other integra and fitment was complete crap. It hanged way to low.

Sended from my phone

andrewthesith

Darth "The Si" Vader
to be clear, ebay is not a brand.

but as stated, avoid off brands and buy real parts. the brands that have dyno numbers to prove their gains

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I actually disagree in terms of performance. Tubing is just tubing. A 2" aluminum tube from AEM runs a couple hundred bucks, yet a 2" aluminum tube from a knockoff company costs much cheaper. Just get a good air filter.

Fitment is another story.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I actually disagree in terms of performance. Tubing is just tubing. A 2" aluminum tube from AEM runs a couple hundred bucks, yet a 2" aluminum tube from a knockoff company costs much cheaper. Just get a good air filter.

Fitment is another story.
Mostly agree. I'm sure the thickness and material plays a part in heat absorption, etc. When it comes to intakes, if you can win in and argument as to why a fraction of a horse power is worth 600% more, consider looking into a job selling sunglasses to blind kids.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Been rocking my $30 ebay intake since 2005. Couldn't be happier. Just need to make sure to thoroughly check seller ratings. Some are crap. Some are nearly indistinguishable from their $200 counterparts.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I bought a ebay cai to see how it would be and my car is lowered on skunk 2 alphas and the intake is like touching the ground almost . Is their a trick or did I put it on somehow the wrong way/angle? Also after that I bought a short ram and wanted to know if anyone had any luck ?
If I had, I wouldn't of been able to tell the difference.

And neither will you