Anyone know about Title transfers? (AZ)

ShaneOwens

5+ Year Member
I just bought a 93 Civic Coupe EX shell (in great condition) for $250, and Im fixing it up, but on the title, it says "DISMANTLE" - how would I get this changed? I called the DMV, and some chick had no clue what I was talking about, I called the Tempe court house, and they told me to call back later...

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if its anything like CA you need to have it inspected to make sure that you fixed everything throughly ... then they change your title status to "salvaged" and allow you to register it.

ShaneOwens

5+ Year Member
Oh yeah, I might as well update this. From when I bought my shell, I got information from a DMV about getting the titled changed to anything besides dismantle. They said because of it's 'core frame damage' that it would never be able to change a dismantle title as it would be unsafe. The only thing wrong with it, was that the radiator support was dented, but that was it. No other dent in the entire body, just missing an engine, and some of the interior. So now I have to try to get another car to put my engine into that wont kill my wallet.