apexi vafc2?

9toes

5+ Year Member
ok so i got a vafc2 from a guy that had it in a 98 prelude and i was wondering if i install it om my single V and dnt mess with anything yet do i need to go get a tune right away because of it being in a prelude or can i just leave it till i can save up for the tune?

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personally I think your retarded for even buying it.

if you have nothing done you your motor (internal work) its not goin to do s**t. honda spent millions in money an hours developing an testing to set optimal engagement. so leave it alone...and don't even hook it up. just get rid of it. when you have more done to your car, then chip the ecu an get it tuned...not using a piggyback

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea, nowadays those things arent needed.. The engine management systems these days are pretty reliable and the old skool electrics arent needed anymore.

9toes

5+ Year Member
i beg to difer yes honda spent tons of hours working on how everything is set up and makeing it run just a certin way but it was for a diferent perpose they made the civic as economy car not something race bread. If wut you r saying is true than me putting on e/h/i shouldnt have done anything, but it did wich means honda could have done somthing better to begin with.

supercivic00

5+ Year Member
man do w.e u want to do n i say yes do the vafc cuz i had a p30 on my b16 n i got more power when i add my vafc

9toes

5+ Year Member
sounds like a plan to me. no body awnserd my origanal question tho since it was instaled in a prelude and its now being put on my single v do i need to get it retuned for my car or can i just put it in?

supercivic00

5+ Year Member
u can put it in just b4 u start ur car clear everything out n u can f**k with it ur self thats what i did but i also had a 100 shot goin though my car just dnt add to much air