Are the d16y7 4-door sedan exhaust piping measurement different than the d16y7 cuop ?

johnmota93

Hi im replacing the exhaust piping in my car and saw a stock one on craigslist for chaeap thing is im not sure if its from a 4-door or coupe i thought it didnt matter but my friend said the piping is longer on 4-doors cuz the car itself is longer than the coupe?

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you have a y7 you need a Exhuast from a Lx or Dx. The Ex exhaust it different due to the cat being under the car and not apart of the header. I'm not sure how the Hx is set up. But there isn't a difference in sedans and coupes. Honda made them the same for this generation.

CO671

Registered VIP
96-00 coupes and sedan have interchangeable dimensions. However, the O2 sensor on the EX is extended unlike the other trims. If you want to buy a header or catback for your 96-00 sedan, those catbacks/headers advertised for D-series coupes/sedans will fit. Hatchback catbacks/mufflers won't fit on coupes/sedans.

johnmota93

@203 ct : well i have a 97 ex d16y8 so i have the cat under the car only thing is that its straight piped so i wanna get the stock piping i found stock one from a d16y7 but had that doubt about it being sedan or coupe size difference but its not now only thing im figuring out is if i should weld my old cat on this piping or some one told me to put a test pipe but thats illegal so i think im going to put my cat ..

@co671: yea i got some guy on craigslist selling a dc sport 4-1 header for 96-00 civic and thats the same guy with the d16y7 stock exhaust , he said the the header will fit the exhaust piping so the only thing i gotta worry about is the cat ..and i didnt know if it mattered in size for the piping sedan or coupe but i found out it dosent matter,,but about that extended o2 sensor will that matter since my car is ex but ill be getting lx piping ??

thanks guys

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need to find out what model the exhaust is actually for

johnmota93

its off a 96-00 civic d16y7 not sure of sedan or coupe thats why i wanted to make sure it will fit wither way and i saw at various websites it dosent matter?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coupes and sedans are not different lengths

johnmota93

ok thanks thats what hhad me confused i heard from other people they were but yea i researched and it is the same length thanks you guys i appreciate it!!