1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Are these tires suitable for my rims/car?

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by Agape, Mar 21, 2008.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Agape

Agape New Member 5+ Year Member

I'm looking to purchase some used tires, however the size of the tires are 195/70/14's
    My car requires 185/70/14, however I've been using 185/65/14's.

My question is whether, the rims from my 185/65/14's will be suitable for the 195/70/14, and if my 2001 Civic Sedan LX will comfortably take these tires?

Thanks for your input.

2. ryanM

ryanM Banned

uhh, yea...you'll be fine.

3. PICKLED

PICKLED El mero mero Aguacatero Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

^ :word:

4. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba SubGenius Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Yep.

They'll fit the wheels just fine.

They'll be one centimeter wider and almost 3/4ths of a centimeter taller.

5. ryanM

ryanM Banned

oh noes :shock:

6. Kaotic_Zeus

Kaotic_Zeus Most hated man Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

im gonna need tires soon too on my stock 15" fat fives. they have 195's stock on them buti was thinking of getting 205's is there any slight difference? i mean should i go with those or stay with stock width? I assume slight better traction.

Will they fit on just fine? is the real question.

7. ryanM

ryanM Banned

i think i'm gonna request that jayjay remove the search button. its just taking up space since no one uses it.

205's will fit fine....

8. techlogic31

techlogic31 New Member 5+ Year Member

first off dont get used tires. tires are the one thing you dont wanna cheap out on. and yes you can fit them. i got 16's and im about to go 225 55 16 just to fill the wheel well. ive seen civics fit 19's

9. cgpEJ6

cgpEJ6 noob Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

They'll fit fine but 195/65/14 would be better if you want a 195 series tire

10. dj_cronic_metal

dj_cronic_metal New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

tirerack.com yhou can pickup some fuzion hri's for cheap and they are a good handling tire. In fact honestly they were the best tires I ever put on my car. I like them even more than my falken ziex 205/40/ 17's

11. Buckn8ked

Buckn8ked New Member 5+ Year Member

12. Agape

Agape New Member 5+ Year Member

Thanks for the responses. I'm actually buying winter tires, that would regularly cost me 500+ for 200.

I had used the search feature, and the wheel/size calculator. However since I'm not all to familiar with offsets and general tire fitting - that info doesn't make the greatest sense. Once again thanks for the responses.

13. ThaJokaa

ThaJokaa Buildin..??? Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

they wiol be fine :thumbs up no worries