Are these tires suitable for my rims/car?

Agape

5+ Year Member
I'm looking to purchase some used tires, however the size of the tires are 195/70/14's
My car requires 185/70/14, however I've been using 185/65/14's.

My question is whether, the rims from my 185/65/14's will be suitable for the 195/70/14, and if my 2001 Civic Sedan LX will comfortably take these tires?

Thanks for your input.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep.

They'll fit the wheels just fine.

They'll be one centimeter wider and almost 3/4ths of a centimeter taller.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im gonna need tires soon too on my stock 15" fat fives. they have 195's stock on them buti was thinking of getting 205's is there any slight difference? i mean should i go with those or stay with stock width? I assume slight better traction.

Will they fit on just fine? is the real question.

ryanM

i think i'm gonna request that jayjay remove the search button. its just taking up space since no one uses it.

205's will fit fine....

techlogic31

5+ Year Member
first off dont get used tires. tires are the one thing you dont wanna cheap out on. and yes you can fit them. i got 16's and im about to go 225 55 16 just to fill the wheel well. ive seen civics fit 19's

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They'll fit fine but 195/65/14 would be better if you want a 195 series tire

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tirerack.com yhou can pickup some fuzion hri's for cheap and they are a good handling tire. In fact honestly they were the best tires I ever put on my car. I like them even more than my falken ziex 205/40/ 17's

Agape

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the responses. I'm actually buying winter tires, that would regularly cost me 500+ for 200.

I had used the search feature, and the wheel/size calculator. However since I'm not all to familiar with offsets and general tire fitting - that info doesn't make the greatest sense. Once again thanks for the responses.