Audi B7 S4 - Bagged, CCW, Louder than your daddy's truck

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2007 Audi b7 s4, i got it for 22k and it was well worth it. I do still have my integra as a back up car for emergencys.

Here is the run down. Black on black with black leather recaro interior, 340hp V8 from factory, 6 speed, awd. This car was a great decision and i couldnt be any happier. I bought it with a corsa non resonated exhaust and an intake which should put it close to 360hp crank and 280ish whp from what ive read

the car will get your typical bagged, supercharged, fitted deal with some other stuff. No tucked and shaved bays, yet.

im just going to post this awhile since i have to go into work and ill fix it up later
didnt get a chance yet for some real picturs but took some quick ones of stuff for you guys

new oem battery cover and plate filler

ECS tuning aluminum oil filter cap to replace the s***ty plastic one

led plate conversion and conversion for the running lights

and pictures of said car

20 quarts of amsoil european blend oil, this car takes ten quarts an oil change. got some oem filters and g12 just incase

Last edited:

CtRHatch2985

MassTuning
Nice ride I love the S4's My buddy had a b5 stage 3 S4 and it wasa blast to drive on the road and in the snow.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice ride I love the S4's My buddy had a b5 stage 3 S4 and it wasa blast to drive on the road and in the snow.
thanks, i love b5's! they were what i first fell in love with but people want way to much for them. i have a few friends with them and they are a blast for sure

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finalfuckingly. That thing is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Must be a blast to drive.

Sent from my Nexus 7

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finalf***ingly. That thing is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Must be a blast to drive.

Sent from my Nexus 7
it is! handles good but not perfect and it just pulls in all gears no matter what. i can just sit in sixth and pull. ill have to take you for a ride this weekend

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it is! handles good but not perfect and it just pulls in all gears no matter what. i can just sit in sixth and pull. ill have to take you for a ride this weekend
Nice! I love Audi's but just can't afford to own one lol

Sent from my Nexus 7

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm going to look at a black 06 A4 this week, I've really got a thing for these cars.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah that's what I keep hearing. Can you think of any trouble areas to look out for on the B7s specifically?
I don't know much about the a4 drive trains since mines completely different. sorry, I can tell you a lot about the 4.2 though haha over all these are pretty solid vehicles though

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the dark side. I love german cars. Especially Audi. B4 and up. My buddy just picked up a B7 RS4 Avant that we got in on trade. I drove it today before he took it away and I fell in love all over again.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the dark side. I love german cars. Especially Audi. B4 and up. My buddy just picked up a B7 RS4 Avant that we got in on trade. I drove it today before he took it away and I fell in love all over again.
thanks, I love it. I've mostly been around b5s, mk4, and mk3. i don't know many people with a b7 but I love it, I wish I could of afforded an rs4 but they are so expensive still

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kinda endish goals

debating a similar wheel set up once I order the supercharger

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
She's purdy! Welcome to the dark side! :twisted:
Man I love that S4 grille. I would have to replace my whole front end to get that haha. Will have to live with aftermarket for now. Loving that license plate delete, btw. Look into the Cupra lip. They look amazing on B7 S4's.

do it! but be prepared, it's not cheap to own
Goddamn are they expensive. I'm finding out the hard way... Was in a bind (super tight on time) and had to get an oil change.. As much as I hate letting other people touch my cars, I took it to a quick lube shop, expecting like $65 for an oil change. NOPE. $135 later lol. And this is just the 2.0T A4! They are expensive as all hell on maintenance, but the OEM recommended oil change interval is 9k miles, so it kind of evens out.

Yeah that's what I keep hearing. Can you think of any trouble areas to look out for on the B7s specifically?
Oh yeah. I can.. Get ready haha..
The biggest issue is the 2.0T's burning oil. It either happens, or it doesn't. They burn about a quart every 2500 miles, and Audi refuses to remedy it (the issue is usually due to a soft engine break-in period, which causes the piston rings to seat/settle at too high a gap, allowing oil to burn faster.. apparently, you're supposed to romp the f**k out of these things when you first buy them). They insist it's "normal".. it's not.. So far, I haven't experienced this with mine at all, but time will tell.
The FSI FWD drivetrain can have issues on 06's and below, so be sure to check that out (torque converters were taking a dump from what I read). On the 07 (mine) and up, coil packs had a recall, MAF sensor had a recall, and they have an issue with carbon buildup caking the intake valves badly. The only real way to fix it is a cleaning from the dealer.. $700 for it, and that's every 50k miles if the car is doing it badly. The simpler solution is to have a cleaning performed once, and install a third party catch can. It will reduce carbon buildup to almost nill. I'm noticing carbon buildup in my exhaust, and my car just recently started misfiring slightly occasionally (even flashing a CEL for a minute, then cleared). Apparently, if spark plugs aren't gapped exactly to spec on the T models, the car hates life and makes you suffer for it. Easy fix, but annoying.
Also, there is a software recall that just got posted. I'm taking my car to Audi of West Covina this Saturday to have it remedied, free of charge. While there, I'll have them check everything else out. Tig, check on yours! I'm not sure if it's affecting the S4's.

They really are fantastic cars, but like any other vehicle, they have some hiccups here and there. If they are addressed early on, there are no issues with them throughout their lifetime. So far, I do like mine a lot.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
The break in on new motors has always been drive it like it should be driven. If it breaks quick it was not going to last long in the first place. Lets see some videos.