Auto zone radiator pressure tester

Kenneth

5+ Year Member
So I picked up a pressure tester from auto zone. As everbody probly knows, it takes an adapter. They have no clue, which adapter it is. That shouldn't surprise me because they don't have the correct radiator cap either. They've got a number that's listed as being the right one, looks right, but it don't fit. So I need to help them find the right ADAPTER, for the tester. But it's a tool loan! I don't wanna go to someplace else, I'd have to buy an expensive adapter. So I'm hoping someone can hook me up with the right part number. Unfortunately it has to be an auto zone part number, or something they can cross reference. The car is a 2003 civic EX. I think it's a 1.7 liter.Hopefully someone knows something that'd help. Thanks for looking.

Kenneth

5+ Year Member
Yep, got a lot of towns, on my commute, a lot of auto zones. Problem is their database is a little fuzzy, on exactly which one it takes. They don't even have the right cap for the radiator. They have a cap, it looks right, the number shows it to be the one. But it doesn't fit. And yes it's a factory original radiator. So after stopping by two autozone stores, and watching the process at both. I realized, that I needed to take a more informed, pro active approach. But since the car to be tested, is too hot to open the radiator cap, while I'm at the parts store. I kinda need to narrow down, exactly which adapter is needed. By part number if possible. If not, maybe cap o.e.m. number. Anyhow, I've got a spare cap in the car. Maybe we can start there. Any thoughts that might help are appreciated. Thanks for reading!

DuckIt

What issue are you having with the car?

Kenneth

5+ Year Member
What issue are you having with the car?
Bad head gasket unfortunately. Turns out, the pressure test wasn't needed. Good thing too, cause autozone is useless for a pressure test adapter to fit this car.