Automatic - Manual conversion: Question regarding clutch safety switch.

West Dylan

Respected
I have almost completely converted my vehicle to a standard transmission, I am running my clutch line(s) and mounting my shift linkage as the last steps.
My question is, would there already be a pigtail/socket located beneath the dash for the clutch safety switch to plug into.
Or will it be necessary to wire in my own plug for the system to work.
I presume wiring will be needed, but have been told by several others there is one located there; just wanted a second opinion.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't need to wire in the clutch safety switch if you don't want to. You can solder a couple wires from where you cut the auto shiftier console (can't remember which ones), and that will bypass the switch or the need for a switch. That's what I did when I did my swap.. much easier. Just don't try to start the car in gear.

West Dylan

Respected
@XpL0d3r
I presume this would apply the same way whether or not I changed the engine harness; my assumption is the body harness is still different from auto to manual vice versa. So I would have to track down which of those wires would bypass it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
One of the plugs that you disconnected from the auto shifter is a 14P plug. Cut the plug off. Your going to have a 2 thicker black wires and 1 black/blue wire, Solder those 3 together. Those together send a signal to the ECU telling it that it's in park, and also to release the key and start your car. If you don't change out your auto cluster, the P will be illuminated, but it should still work fine.

West Dylan

Respected
One of the plugs that you disconnected from the auto shifter is a 14P plug. Cut the plug off. Your going to have a 2 thicker black wires and 1 black/blue wire, Solder those 3 together. Those together send a signal to the ECU telling it that it's in park, and also to release the key and start your car. If you don't change out your auto cluster, the P will be illuminated, but it should still work fine.
Awesome, appreciate the info, should work out fine.