Automatic to Manual transmission swap in 04 civic

Lethal Civic

I'm 16 and I drive a 04 civic ex sedan with an automatic transmission.
I'm kinda new to cars in terms of doing mods and stuff but over the past year I've learned a lot by looking through forums and watching/reading DIY's. And I figured before doing any real engine mods I should get a manual transmission first

So my question is how much does it cost to swap my automatic transmission for a manual transmission? And do I get some kind of discount or get to sell my automatic transmission afterwards because it still works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I mean, it's your car, so you can do whatever you'd like with the automatic tranny afterwards. It's way more than just swapping transmissions and going though....

Take a look at this thread, it should help you out quite a bit in terms of all the parts you need and what not:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=157624

Keep in mind that is for 5th and 6th gen Civics, which yours is not. I did this with my 97 Civic, and cost roughly $800 or so for parts and throwing my friend some $ for helping. Definitely make sure to do further research on parts, etc. And have some friends help you out!