1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Automatic to Manual transmission swap in 04 civic

Discussion in '7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)' started by Lethal Civic, Feb 12, 2014.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Lethal Civic

Lethal Civic New Member

I'm 16 and I drive a 04 civic ex sedan with an automatic transmission.
    I'm kinda new to cars in terms of doing mods and stuff but over the past year I've learned a lot by looking through forums and watching/reading DIY's. And I figured before doing any real engine mods I should get a manual transmission first

So my question is how much does it cost to swap my automatic transmission for a manual transmission? And do I get some kind of discount or get to sell my automatic transmission afterwards because it still works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

I mean, it's your car, so you can do whatever you'd like with the automatic tranny afterwards. It's way more than just swapping transmissions and going though....

Take a look at this thread, it should help you out quite a bit in terms of all the parts you need and what not:
    http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=157624

Keep in mind that is for 5th and 6th gen Civics, which yours is not. I did this with my 97 Civic, and cost roughly $800 or so for parts and throwing my friend some $ for helping. Definitely make sure to do further research on parts, etc. And have some friends help you out!

3. Lethal Civic

Lethal Civic New Member

Okay cool thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk