Automatic to manuel swap over

086head

Registered VIP
Found a working manuel transmission, cv axles, pedal set, and the works for $200 under 120,000 miles yesterday and im heading down to go get it today and i got a new oem flywheel, pressure place, clutch, and throw out bearing around $200 coming in wed to swap my car my an automatic to a manuel. I dont know if its the dx or si transmission yet but ill find out this afternoon. ITs coming out of a 94 civic and its going into my 93 civic ex. If I have problem run ins ill be posting, wish me luck guys, im so stoked! Goodbye autotragic!=)

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good luck, ill be doing this on mine also.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow $200 is a great deal for all of that! I can't seem to find even just the transmission for that price lol

Goodluck with it man

086head

Registered VIP
Alrighty. well it looks like one of the cv axles were broken but i got 1 good one, was surprised to see its a hydraulic clutch figured thered be a clutch line but oh well. The tranny is a P20 A000 off a d15 which has got me just a bit worried. I see that I have to chip me P28 ecu. Im currently trying to find the gear length on the tranny but google is giving me everything buuuuut the length of the gears. Curious to know but will the P20 A000 transmission affect my v tech? I can see that its off a non vtech motor. Shifter is good as well.

086head

Registered VIP
wow $200 is a great deal for all of that! I can't seem to find even just the transmission for that price lol

Goodluck with it man
Well the transmission only costed me $60 and the shifter and 1 cv axle was 60 as well so 120 was spent, couldnt pedals out fast enough for my state classes so thats a come back to if he dont sell em before wed. The other cv was broke :( I need to learn about removing the master cylidner(?) hydraulic clutch. Bummed out its the A000 tranny with longer gears but trying to find out on google if itl run the vtech. Something else just popped into my head...would the P28 work on the P20 A000 transmission at all....if anyone can answer this any of these questions itd be great...till then time to google :roll:

086head

Registered VIP
I wouldn't have to change my starter would i?
Apologies on my mispelling of vtec

086head

Registered VIP
I found that my cv axles on my automatic will fit my manuel transmission but it wont hurt having the one i bought so i can go ahead and change my broken one. Found that when you change the tranny you also have to buy a new starter which isnt to bad because this one is about to go out anyway. Noticed im probably going to have to buy new motor mounts but i wonder if i can get away with the current ones....ill find out as soon as i start putting everything in. Since my car is gutted from when i got bored im just going to pop in the manual shifter without the boot and center console, so its going to look like a metal monster when i get it in..doesnt hurt me theres only 1 seat in the car and thats the drivers seat so no ones going to see it other than me anyway. Chipping the ecu isnt going to be a problem at all. Now back to seeing if i can use a metal clutch line isntead of a hydralic one. Hope some of this info is helpful to anyone

086head

Registered VIP
I also didnt give it any thought that I would have to change the throttle cable but the current one is sticking any way so its all good in the hood :P my tranny also came with the sensors which is awsome :suprise:

086head

Registered VIP
I was looking at that. that will sadly have to wait another 2-3 weeks possibly pending :x almost at my monthly budget im allowing myself to spend on the car for this month. Orderd clutch kit and flywheel so if i can work something i might get it..if not ill go to pullapart and see if i get lucky.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Good luck. If you want a manual cluster I have one laying around. It came out of my dx so it has no tach

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I go to pull a part every now and then and rape the civics they have lol

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i heard manuel got shanked by another mexican in prison.

086head

Registered VIP
I go to pull a part every now and then and rape the civics they have lol
No s**t, I got lucky on this one...it actualy got to the junk yard on the very same day of my birthdate :D its my birthday gift from pullapart lol jk but your right. When a honda gets in there you have to be quick to act on it. someone already removed the motor so it was easy removal for my stuff. going again in the morning to get the pedal set...shhhh......I hid it under the floor mat. XD Im also going to check out the other civics for hidden treasures just in case.

086head

Registered VIP
lol im thinking about going to pull a part this weekend
Which one you going to? you might have some finds in the birmingham one. I also got an online guy that sells Quad four (Pontiac) parts but he also has a junk yard and hes loaded with D model parts. He has a manuel tranny as well for sale for like 150$ 90,000 miles plus lotsa other parts. All stock though. Great feedback and hes always been reliable when i order my parts from him. Hes a qualified vendor. pm if you want his website and username