Automatic Trans

JDMFan87

Hey guys I am looking at buying a 2003 ex auto for daily driver. I have had manual trans in every vehicle I have owner so I really want an auto now and I am moving back to Houston for school so I don't want to drive a manual in traffic. I am not going to be doing any kind of power mods just make it look clean. I have been doing some research about 7th gen auto civics and it seems like the 04-05 are the ones that have auto trans problems. Is it only those years or do all 7th gens have trans problems?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Honda automatic transmissions suck ass.

If you want auto look into a Toyota Corolla of the same year, or something like that.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you got it backwards the 01-03 had more problems but the 04-05 are a little better but they still suck ass as previously stated. for some strange reason honda/acura could never design a durable auto transmission ???

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have had three different honda trannys (including my own old auto one) burn up around me but my GF's 98 civic has over 200k miles and it still shifts pretty smooth so I assume it's just how you take care of em. If you can get the car off an old person that went to the dealership for service your set lol

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that's not true the 01-03 had faulty clutch packs that would chew themselves to pieces regardless of how well they were kept some didn't last 40,000 miles.

emerican

Registered VIP
In most cases besides the ones known to have the problems it all depends on how something is treated and maintained no matter what part it is.

Honda4ever

Banned
guys hes asking wat he needs to make his cr look clean not wha trannys have problems. i think u should add a lipkit some clean rims to go with the car, lower it, tint it, hids, and exhaust thats what clean autos look around here..

Peruviann

5+ Year Member
i have an 2002 i bought brand new and the transmission just gave out at 228k. they last if you actually take care of the car.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guys hes asking wat he needs to make his cr look clean not wha trannys have problems. i think u should add a lipkit some clean rims to go with the car, lower it, tint it, hids, and exhaust thats what clean autos look around here..
Did you even read the original post? He is looking at buying one and wants to know if they are problematic. Not what to do cosmetically. Only reason he put that is to give background into what he is looking at for the future as far as mods.

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
do not get a auto 7th gen, you will regret it, if you want to go fast that is. . .

"Your either first or last" "Shake and Bake"