Average cost of a Paint job?

AsianRidaz

5+ Year Member
I'm looking into paint my whole car Clover green pearl, the car's stock color. i want to keep the CGP it came with, but It has a few major scratches and dents so i'm going to get it repainted the same color once i get my lip. Any idea of how much it's going to cost so i can at least start saving? thanks.

ej1boy95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id say a desent paint job would be $3500 to $4000. but it all depends on who does it. thats how much mine was and i got mine repainted the factory color.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a community college about 40 miles away from me that has a good auto program gave me a quote of $500 for wet sand and painting.

civicturbo91

professional bitchslapper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id say a desent paint job would be $3500 to $4000. but it all depends on who does it. thats how much mine was and i got mine repainted the factory color.
who's painting this car, chuck norris? i paid $1200 with all dents removed and prep of sideskirts and paint match. i'll be damned if i pay 4000 for a paint job.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Believe it or not, some Maacos do a good job, you just have to pay around $1,000 for it.

ej1boy95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my bad the guy that did all the work left a reciept when the paint got done. he also got a new hood, front plate holes shaved, dents, and all holes filled. thats why mine was &3500. my bad !

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's funny, a "good" paint job for $400.00
the paint alone is much higher than that, for a real quality car paint.
My clearcoat and primer is more than $400.00 and the color
in a good quality name brand paint for a color like red can cost up to $400.00 a gallon.
And if you paint everything it'll take more than 1 gallon.
It's easy to spend $1000.00 for everything to paint a car, of course there are cheaper
alternatives, but they're not going to be a real "quality paint job",
one that is painted with good primer, paint and clearcoated.
That'll be several hundred dollars for just the materials, before labor :cool:

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
mines getting painted as we speak

im paying roughly 1600

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That's funny, a "good" paint job for $400.00
the paint alone is much higher than that, for a real quality car paint.
My clearcoat and primer is more than $400.00 and the color
in a good quality name brand paint for a color like red can cost up to $400.00 a gallon.
And if you paint everything it'll take more than 1 gallon.
It's easy to spend $1000.00 for everything to paint a car, of course there are cheaper
alternatives, but they're not going to be a real "quality paint job",
one that is painted with good primer, paint and clearcoated.
That'll be several hundred dollars for just the materials, before labor :cool:
My paint came out great for $400. Sherwin Williams paint and it has a 3 year warranty. Im not complaining, I doubt ill have the car for longer than 3 years anyways.

mines getting painted as we speak

im paying roughly 1600
Do you sell drugs and pimp prostitutes?

barcafan_84

jdmfan_84
5+ Year Member
I painted my own car. Im just over $1,000 in cost of supplies alone. my labor is free
yeah but you bought an expensive gun, so a paint shop shouldnt charge you that, the only cost they have to charge you for is for paint and bodywork (if it requires some). i have a friend workin at a shop and he said the major ripoffs they are, some charge like 3000 on some paint jobs that dont need bodywork, and those that need it they charge 5000, holyshit i said to him. its true it requires knowledge and a lot of labor in preppin a car just right! but a reasonable paintjob should be between 1000 and 2000. any more and your gettin raped IMO anyways.