B series AutoTransmission

Ctrl_Alt_Del

5+ Year Member
does B-series (b16/b18/b20) auto trans came with acceleration/kickdown cable?
to control the rpm, when the gear kick down, the rpm jump high..

old D-series have one of this kickdown cable, near the ATF oil stick..
something like this :

does b series have it? what type of B ?
or it doesnt exist in B ?

because my A/T doesnt have one, its only have some like big vaccum thing, and have 4 selenoid on it (like vtec selenoid) what are they used to?

does anyone have pic of B auto with this kickdown cable ?

thx

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wat

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes, Hydro Automatic B-Series Transmissions have it. If you dont have it, then that Auto Transmission is a Cable Transmission, such as that off a 90-91 Integra LS.

You will find this throttle cable in all OBD1 & OBD2 B18A/B and B20 Automatic Transmissions. It is also available in the JDM Automatic B16A & GSR Transmissions.

Here's a picture of my JDM Automatic B16A LSD Transmission (off a JDM EG6 Civic SiR-II) with that throttle cable ... The cable mounts to the Throttle Body.

Before Cleaning & Paint (click to enlarge):

Ctrl_Alt_Del

5+ Year Member
wow thx a lot..
my AT doesnt have it..
how can i adjust my throttle if i dont have it?
(for b20 engine and AT)

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I believe its controlled through the Vacuum or maybe the Solenoids? No idea, but if it doesnt have it then you cant adjust it, it should do it by itself - at least that's what I would guess.

I know my brother's 90 Automatic Integra LS does not have a Kickdown Cable on his Transmission. What B-Series Transmission are you running and what year is it?

Ctrl_Alt_Del

5+ Year Member
what year? i dont know.. just got it from junkyard..

yes, trottle cable connect to the trottle body, if its vacuum, its connect to where?

your brothers auto integra ls uses control unit for tranny?

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well what car did your Auto Tranny get pulled out of from in the Junkyard? Is it a B18 (LS) Tranny or B20?

The Vacuum Valve on the Auto LS Transmission on my brother's Automatic 90 Integra gets connected to the Intake Manifold.

He does have a TCU (Tranmission Control Unit), all 90-01 Integras do. His is located under the Driver's Side of the Dash, that's where 90-93 Integras have it.

Labeled "ATCU" in the picture below:

Ctrl_Alt_Del

5+ Year Member
totaly no idea where my AT came from :D
so my AT need a control unit ?

how about the AT with throttle cable? does it need a control unit?
which AT that doesn't need a control unit?

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Like I said, all 90-01Auto Integras have a Tranny Control Unit (at least in the USA), same goes for the Auto B20 Trannies.

I know my JDM B16 Tranny out of the EG6 SiR-II doesnt use a TCU. The OBD1 Auto P30 ECU controls the engine and tranny. I dont think any Auto B-Series USDM Trannies can be used unless you wire in the TCU, which I heard is a b***h and never even tried it so cant help you there.

Bacon117

Sorry for kicking up an old thread, but this is one of the only threads I can find that is close to helping me.

I'm replacing the auto trans on my 97 LX 1.6L. The junkyard gave me a trans from a 2000 civic, and it looks like it should bolt up, but it's missing some things. The 2000 trans doesn't have a countershaft speed sensor, and it has a mechanical kickdown lever (looks like the throttle connection). The one in the 97 has an electronic kickdown, or vacuum kickdown. Probably some other differences as well...

So I need to find the right transmission. What do I need to look for on the transmission to make sure I get the right one? Hopefully, it's obvious by looking to see if it doesn't have the mechanical kickdown, and has the right sensors. What else? A24A, S24A? Just match that number on the one in the car?

Seems like this should be obvious, but the junkyard didn't get the interchangeability correct, so I just want to be 100% sure.

Thanks for any insight!