b series into 5th gen

bonestockcx

Honda Freak
5+ Year Member
Just a quick question im considering swaping a EG SiR B16 into my CX hatch im buying the whole clip will this be a mostly plug and play swap with minor fab work and little wiring harness alterations or am i gonna be like F*CK the whole time?

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
should be fine with a little harness work

SPONSOREDCRX

Rockin the zc single cam
5+ Year Member
so any b-series axles will work? trying to swap a 00 gsr into a 95 cx. i was told i would need a 95 gsr harness to plug into the stock harness, then just wire up vtec to the p72. is this right?

Thanks,
Brandon

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SPONSOREDCRX said:
so any b-series axles will work? trying to swap a 00 gsr into a 95 cx. i was told i would need a 95 gsr harness to plug into the stock harness, then just wire up vtec to the p72. is this right?

Thanks,
Brandon
use the harness that came with the motor.....then look at a place called locash racing.....they make ecu subharness that work like butter

92civicboost

Crackin V tec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok i have a 92 civic Dx sedan. I was told that if i swap the b16a in and it already comes with wire harness and that, that i dont have to run anymore wires everything should just plug in and go.. Is this true or do i have to run a knock sensor?

92civicboost

Crackin V tec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok *ALL* EG8's are prewired for v tec but not the knock sensor you have to run that in all 92-95's

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
92civicboost said:
Ok *ALL* EG8's are prewired for v tec but not the knock sensor you have to run that in all 92-95's
no. only 92's are prewired for vtec.

Kenshi71

5+ Year Member
obd2 to obd1

I have a LS motor which is obd2, and i wnat to put it into my 94 civic. What will i need to do to swap it in? I know motor, tranny, ecu, mounts, shift linkage.. Will i need to change the harness? If so in what way?

92civicboost

Crackin V tec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok swapped the b16 into my 93 civic sedan DX i wired in v tec but my car is idel surging and its throwing me codes 4-9-14 i tried a new IACV but it made no diff. I ever wired my O2 sensor right TO ECU. still no diff. Im useing a chipped P30 ECU. i have no clue what to do and what the problem could be.. Im stuck

BRAK54

come getcha some
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thank god for this

ALEXIS

5+ Year Member
Hi guys can you tell me the diference of the computers P28 and P30 thanks.alexis

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok can someone clear this up for me?

obd2 99 gsr block / obd0 b16 head / obd1 b17gsr intake mani and throttle body going into a 95 LX sedan......using a p28 ecu....what needs to be wired in? and should i use the stock d15b7 wiring harness or get an obd1 vtec wiring harness?

acedjinhere

5+ Year Member
please clearify for my when you say "all eg8's are wired for vtec" you mean to say all 92 4dr civics or all 92 civics no matter the chasis?

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know this thread is old but I have a question. I just finished a B16A2 into an SI hatch 93, What torque mount brackets will fit, and what is the ECU code for OBD 1 for this motor.. I have a GSR ECU there for now.. and the mounts are there, the connecting brackets are not.