B series swap in 7th gen civic?

flat4whore

5+ Year Member
My buddy has a 04 civic ex coupe. Admittingly the car is rather fun to drive but has a lot of work to go. I know alot of people are looking toward the K series swaps. This is making it easier to find the B series swaps, cheaper. I just want to know if anyone on this forum has actually done the swap. The D17 is just garbage in my eyes. It yields very little power and of course we're looking for something more. So if anyone could direct me to a site that has a mount kit or even the half harness to run the rest of the cars functions please feel free to let me know.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nope it can't be done, there are no engine mount kit out there to swap B's into them .K is the way to go with 7th gen Civic's.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i know of one guy that is trying to do this, he has an 01 civic and is trying to swap in a b20vtec. so far hes gotten nowhere, hes spent endless amounts of money on it and still cant fit the motor in without cutting/welding/refrabbing etc.. PLUS its illegal to have older year motors than the cars chassis, unless you know someone to get you through inspection ;P

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
6th gens. FTW!!!

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's why you live in Florida. No emissions inspections or car inspections at registration :D I personally think it would be awesome to throw in a b18c into a 7th gen. Really it's the only thing the civic is missing.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea i kinda wished the 7th gens came with B series instead of the D's

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think the 7th gen was a little like honda's ugly chud child. The suspension on it is great stock right out of the box, with a drop it's even better, but the engine blows.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wooooo soo how about them cowboys

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just another thought, by custom fitting a B series motor into the 7th gen bay would equal the cost of putting a base k20 in your ride ;P

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Doesn't the B series have just the same amount of options as the K serious though as far as upgrades

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Having something besides the K or D series in the 7th gen is just a show car thing.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats wrong with D series?

they can be built cheap and be very effective.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
D17a2?

my bro has one.
240whp
all stock engine
search for EM2 redynoed

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stock engine, turbo, 310cc injectors and emanage thats it.

all that for 1/4 of the price of a full K swap.

not to mention the D series vitara turbo setups that hit over 400+hp(more then one)

vitara pistons can be had for aroudn $170 for all 4

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your brother.,, snake man right?? ive seen his 1/4 mile run on youtube, 240whp.. low 14s.. not very effective.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your brother.,, snake man right?? ive seen his 1/4 mile run on youtube, 240whp.. low 14s.. not very effective.

OEM tires, OEM suspension, OEM clutch. and that was @ 214whp btw.

plus he sucks at driving at the track.

its easily capable of mid 13s if not lower