B series swap in 7th gen civic?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
icic, ive yet to drive a turbo 7th gen.. does it put you in your seat like other turbo cars?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
icic, ive yet to drive a turbo 7th gen.. does it put you in your seat like other turbo cars?
deffinatly, its turbo. full boost by 4k RPM( large turbo t3/t4 with 60 compressor)

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i spent the money on a K, it wouldent go into a 2900lb car(em2)
it go into one of my 91's

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i spent the money on a K, it wouldent go into a 2900lb car(em2)
it go into one of my 91's
remember that figure when comparing my car to a hatchback that weighs under 2000 pounds

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
C'mon it has to.. lol
well not all cars pull, i have a friend with a rsx with a t28 (putting out 290whp) and his car barely pulls for a brief second with full throttle. now on the other hand, my cousin has an evo with only cams/turboback/new manifold (putting out 310awhp) and his car sucks me in the seat.. maybe its the extra 20whp?? or something else??

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
t28 on a rsx, thats to small for that engine.

awd will pull harder then fwd alone.

flat4whore

5+ Year Member
Green 91 I find it hard to believe some of the claims you make. 400 horsepower (even at the crank) on the d17 is an outrageous thought. I've researched the build for awhile now. I've seen one actual dyno plot making more than 300whp and the builder had alot of time into the motor. I don't even see many B or K daily's running that. Also the claim on a T3/T4 with a 60 series compressor is ridiculous. With a T67 on my STi longblock I dont see 21 pounds until 4300. Unless your friend is making like 10 pounds of boost on the 60. Another thing I have a question about is the reference of turbo's. T3/T4, doesn't that describe the flange on the turbo? So how is it relevent to the size? Also the reference towards emissions doesn't affect the build. We don't have that problem in Nevada, but if a B swap is out of the question what's a safe turbo setup to run and how much boost. I was thinking like a td04 or t25 at about 10 pounds should be safe. That paired with the essential bolt ons should make a decent amount of power for the little car fairly quickly right? And...how does this motor react to VTEC controllers?

Last edited:

flat4whore

5+ Year Member
oh and before anyone says anything the things that are horrible about the car are being taking car of....brakes (front and rear) and the suspension. We're getting a killer deal on a set of skunk2 coilovers right now. Brakes are still up in the air right now. For now we're just going to run slotted rotors and some nice pads on the stock calipers. The factory is garbage and fades like crazy under any hard braking.

Last edited:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you got the money for a FULL k swap(all parts), then do a K

turbo kit can be done for 1/4 of the price of a K swap
and make just as much HP if not more then a stock K swap

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
adn were talking ALL STOCK K20 vs the Turbo D17

price wise
Turbo D>K swap

Upgradability(some)
K>D

MANNYBOY23

buy my rims please!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
personally i think its a waste of money just go w/ k series or turbo your d17

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
id rather stick with the turbo than the K swap, unless you got loads of money to toss around.. whoever that does have that kinda money, toss some my way ;P

rtr5o7

Bitty
5+ Year Member
turbo d17 will desimate all, after about 15 grand or more, overnight parts from japan

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i dont think itll cost that much to get decent power outta the d17.. maybe 7-8g will do,, just a little bit more than the K-swap ;P