B16/B18/B20 shift issue

r_digittie

I have a b16 head and a b18 bottom end that i just put together but originally had a b20 bottom end but cracked the stock sleeves when i turbo it. The problem i am having now is that i got everything put back together and started driving own the street to test it but herd some thing pop and then no gears worked i could just put in any gear without the clutch in and it didn't seem to recognize it. The question i have is can i use the same flywheel on the b18 as i did on the b20 i have herd that they are different and that could be my problem? please any help would be awesome i am going to pull the axle off to see if maybe that slipped just incase and also seeing how thats the easiest part to start with

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I tweaked your title to be a little more direct. Please avoid using "help" in titles. Its implied that you need assistance if your posting so use the space for short & direct titles to attract more useful attention.

This sounds like a transmission issue, so let us know what tranny is being used.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Could be 100 different things, inspect the shift linkage, if there is nothing obvious then you are going to have to pull the transmission back off. The flywheel is the same between the two.