B16 head on a D15 block?

hanlon_civic

5+ Year Member
Hey, when I bought my car a couple of weeks ago they guy who sold it to me said he'd just give me a B16 head if I wanted it. Question: Worth putting on my D15b7???? and If so how much increase should I see and how big of a job would it be?

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B-series head will not go on a D-series motor

hanlon_civic

5+ Year Member
Ok, I wasn't sure of it.....didn't sound right lol thank you.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hanlon_civic said:
Well.....if you pay shipping and my friend doesn't want it lol
I will gladly pay shipping =) can you send me a pic of the head when you get?

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hanlon_civic said:
NOW NOW ! lol no fighting haha I still have to make sure my friend doesn't want it for his engine.
what engine your friend have?

hanlon_civic

5+ Year Member
He has a B16A something...lol...dunno the exact code...it's non VTEC...all i know is what my engine code is really cause I wanted to check out the specs on it lol......again Newbie

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hanlon_civic said:
He has a B16A something...lol...dunno the exact code...it's non VTEC...all i know is what my engine code is really cause I wanted to check out the specs on it lol......again Newbie
all b16s are VTEC. Is it an B18A1?

hanlon_civic

5+ Year Member
Oh well like I said all I really know is my own Engine code (D15b7)....and the head is a B16 head so really I'd have to ask him. I'm still learning about this stuff.

hanlon_civic

5+ Year Member
Well the guy who had the head no longer has it. He said he migh give me his other one but he doen't know. lol So I'll let ya know if I do get it.