B16 Turbo backfire/misfire light throttle..

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Lately my b16a turbo has been doing a lot of backfiring/ a little misfire at light throttle, just cruising. But when I put some throttle so it it goes just fine.. I was thinking it was the spark plug wires, or fuel filter or a combo of both.. But talked to my tuner and he said it was the map sensor, as it is still stock.. Any input? Edit: forgot to ad the car is on e85.

Jermee

Registered VIP
My map sensor will wiggle off a little sometimes but it just makes my idle go stupid. I'm agreeing with you. Spark plugs, wires, distributor maybe.

Sent from your moms house.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
The idle is kinda weird sometimes too.. a new 3 bar map sensor isnt that expensive anyways, i might as well replace it because ill be running more boost in the future anyways

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbup: a 3 bar map sensor will do you good for now and for the future, but do change out the plugs with some proper plugs first

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tune up, check your timing and if that doesn't do it reload the map and see if that helps.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm agreeing with everyone else on MAP sensor. Also, I was getting slight backfiring because I started running a bit lean. Ensure your fuel maps are good.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Yeah my tuner has all the timing and such set for the e85. Plugs are NGK racing, gapped at .28 I think.. But I haven't changed the wires. Anyone have a diagram on where the map sensor is on a hatch? I looked in the spot behind the intake mani and didn't see it.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would like to know this also, my boosted d16y5 backfires alot since i got it tuned after the turbo install. it was quite loud with open downpipe and i could feel it under my seat but with full exhaust now i usually dont hear it, it seems to happen when i give it medium throttle and shift to slowly. i also have a stock map sensor but i figured it was in the tune as im tuned pretty conservatively since my block is stock.