B16 VTEC always engaged

Red97delsol

Hello everyone i have a buddy who build old school mini's and puts a B16 in them. He called me today asking for answers and i didnt really have a specific one to give him.
Its a mini with a B16 tuned on a P06 ecu.
He says vtec is always engaged no matter what rpm he is at. I said i help him and try to figure it out.
Only thoughts i had were wiring is wrong. ECU is f**king up or vtec solenoid is bad. I have an extra P28 and P72 ecu i was gonna hook up and see if it helps but not to sure what to try after that so any ideas and opinions are welcomed. When i get to the car on wednesday i will get more info. But for now that is alli have. If you need to know more please let me know and i will get it for you.

Thanks Jayden

RonJ

Banned
How does he know that VTEC is always engaged?

Red97delsol

Not sure bro thats just what he tole me. I was expecting him to say it isnt engaging. Thats the normal problem you hear about VTEC. YOu think it could be the prop spring inside the solenoid itself is maybe just crazy dirty and wont release? Maybe just take it apart and clean it up. These are just thoughts. Cause i think the motor is OBO0 so on OBO0 B16 there is always a constant 12v going to it.