~~b16A1 vs b16a2 in 5th gen Civic

North311

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
```well just wondering if anyone could give me some serious oppinons on swaping a b16a1 into a 95 civic DX. i was in the process of buying a b16a2 but the guy who was selling it traded for a b16a1 to his friend and wants to sell the b16a1 in place of the b16a2...well can some one give me some help on this regarding the following topics?
*compatability
*parts
*major differences in the two
* and why would someone trade a b16a1 for a b16a2?

your help is needed...

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok b16a1 doesnt exist, its a b16a sir I. that motor is obd0, your car is obd1, and it would be a huge pain in the ass to change the wiring. the trade is only good if the guy had a 88-91 civic and didnt want to convert the wiring. the b16a2 is obd2, which isnt compatable with your car either, but you can buy a simple harness to make it work. dont bu y that motor, the b16a sirI isnt worth half what an a2 is worth, and it wont work in your car, not to mention its illegal to do that swap. find another motor.

North311

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebar,
thanks man, will lucky you replied. im scratching that b16 sir1 out. man im feeling down, i had a sweet deal with that b16a2 it had only 55k and i could of gotten it for $1200.00. just shows how stupid and cut throat some people are.

by the way nice aviator..lol

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thanks, but thats the worst one i ahve an any boards (all too big files). sounds like atht was a good deal, but was it a full swap, or just the motor? cus you need the motor, tranny, engine mounts, wiring harness(well part of it, but it always helps to have), shift linkage, etc to make that engine work in your civic. get one from www.importautosalvage.com , www.hmotorsonline.com , or www.passwordjdm.com , they are complete, warrantied , and have less miles than something some person has already swapped.