B16A2 build questions

Coloradohatch

so im building up my B16A2. i bought this car and i deployed now that im on my way home im trying to buy the parts so they can be waiting at my home. so far i have bought this:
Intake Manifold Skunk 2 pro series
Injectors (550cc)
Fuel Rail AEM 99.00
Fuel Pump (walbro 255)
now im looking for a throttle body for my engine the store i went to said the SKunk2 can go up to 76mm but im really new to the engine world so do not know if i should go with that or a diff size? then im looking for some good headers and dont know if i should go with 4-1 or 4-2-1? then since its a B16A2 in a 1997 EJ6 hatch not sure if any special type of headers for it. also stuck on the exhaust dont want to buy something that doesnt fit, im sticking with all motor, not goin turbo. any help would be cool. oh and yes i will be getting hondata and ecu and a proper tune

JeffBel

Registered VIP
4-2-1 headers I personally like more. Any throttle body over 70mm is overkill in my mind. Don't forget your fpr.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
And there's not much gain in add all that fuel setup with stock comp. bump it!

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
4to1 header is much better

Coloradohatch

im not done yet i will be upgrading the pistons and cams. cams i waiting to see if i can find a place that sells like a package deal. im still curious as to if any header and exhaust system will fit on my car. i have pics on my profile of it.

Coloradohatch

i dont know if i have to get custom headers for it is what im gettin at or can i just buy any headers and exhaust for a b16a2

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going with a throttle body larger than 70mm is not overkill if the engine is built for it and port matched.

You will need a header designed for a b series engine. A custom built to spec header would yield the best results for your final setup.

The difference between a 4-2-1 and a 4-1 header is simply when and where you make your power and torque. Lots of factors affect the design and tubing diameters so either main header design could potentially top the other in peak output or overall average output.

Since you have a hatch, you need an exhaust setup like what comes on a civic type r hatch. So a coupe/sedan style a pipe and b pipe, a hatchback axle back (muffler section with piping), and cat or test pipe meant for a b series engine to mate to your header.

I just saved you about five minutes of google-ing this info yourself

Coloradohatch

Going with a throttle body larger than 70mm is not overkill if the engine is built for it and port matched.

You will need a header designed for a b series engine. A custom built to spec header would yield the best results for your final setup.

The difference between a 4-2-1 and a 4-1 header is simply when and where you make your power and torque. Lots of factors affect the design and tubing diameters so either main header design could potentially top the other in peak output or overall average output.

Since you have a hatch, you need an exhaust setup like what comes on a civic type r hatch. So a coupe/sedan style a pipe and b pipe, a hatchback axle back (muffler section with piping), and cat or test pipe meant for a b series engine to mate to your header.

I just saved you about five minutes of google-ing this info yourself
thank you so much doing that work for me. im sorry that im deployed to AFGHANISTAN and do not have the connection speed nor the internet capabilities to go on google but that you again for doin it for me