b16a2 vtec head+b20b

JC99

5+ Year Member
hey can a b16a2 head fit on a b20b block cuz am gonna do that n i wanted to get some suggestions from u guys on this plan that i have,am i gonna have to make some adjustments?what do i need to fit it in?will it work? so guys help me out thkz

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes B series are compatable with eachother. Your going to need to build the B20 block with pistons, rods ect... The B20s arent going to last long with a stock bottem going past 8krpms.

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Werd

I am working on a CRVtec myself right now. I hve the block. I am sending off for sleeving this summer, getting the rods, pistons, and crank this fall, and will have it installed in the winter with my GT28RS. It will be so wicked

I think it is ARP (maybe not, not sure) sells a B18b Vtec conversion kit. You will need that to do it. It makes it hella easy from what I understand. The B20B is nothing but a bored out B18B for the most part.

JC99

5+ Year Member
Dam Man Am Taking My Head To The Shop Right Now So Am Gonna Have To Buy New Pistons,rods,n A Kit

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what, no. And stop typing like that. If your b20 block came with a crank and what now, you dont really need new pistons, rods, and what not. It doesnt hurt though.

JC99

5+ Year Member
dude man like i need my head to fit my b20b block dude they say i need new rods n rings

JC99

5+ Year Member
so my 99 vtec head wont fit the b20 block then so what i need the b20z

JC99

5+ Year Member
so it will,hey DAF thks man i appriciate for site dawg am gonna buy one dude fk yeah thks man

ryanM

RedLine42 said:
Yes B series are compatable with eachother. Your going to need to build the B20 block with pistons, rods ect... The B20s arent going to last long with a stock bottem going past 8krpms.
not all B series are compatible with eachother, the B20a5 and B21a1 virtually have NO interchangeable parts with other B series motors, they dont even mount up the same so they are hard to swap into other cars.

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your good then. The B20a and B21a are old Prelude engines and ar COMPLETELY diffrent from B Series engines. You can use the LS Crank and LS rods, but you need 84mm pistons. All the B series engines actually have slighly diffrent displacement because of the rods and cranks.

JC99

5+ Year Member
so am going to get my pistons,rods,crank done also or just the pistons