b18a1

dcckiller

5+ Year Member
ok guys ive decied to put in my bros hatch the b18a1 i have his hatch has a hydro tranny and the b18 is a cable one wat do i need off the integra to do the swap. and will the integra mounts work for the civic.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does that hatch have a B series hydraulic tranny? You'll need one of those, the D hydraulic tranny will not bolt up. Most of the mounts you use, if not going aftermarket, will be the DC Integra mounts.You should be able to use the rear tranny mount and driver side mount, but you'll need the driver side mount bracket off a DC. The b18a1 driver side mount bracket has 2 bolts, so a DC mount will not line up, as it has 3 bolts. I don't know about the side tranny mount. But with stock DC mounts, you're going to want torque mounts, so why not get some solid aftermarket mounts and not have to worry about the extra torque mounts? That's a better idea in my opinion. Also, is the b18a1 from a 92-93 Integra? If so you're fine becuase it's obd1, but if it's from a 90-91 Integra you'll need to convert the motor to obd1 as it's originally obd0.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not the DA Integra mounts (car that has a b18a1). Is the b18a1 from a 90-91 Integra or 92-93 Integra? There's a huge difference.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Then you're set, just need the mounts, 94+ b series shift linkage, 94+ b series axles and B series hydraulic tranny. Use the Integra rad hoses and put the stock ecu brain into your EG ecu casing so it bolts up. Other that that it should be a very easy swap.

ReSpEcT954

Xclusive Importz
5+ Year Member
im doing this swap right now. you need 94-01 mounts! im using a deal sol mount for my driver side mount but its a bracket your suppose to buy for it i forgot which bracket it was but its like $45 and you need a 94-01 integra rear mount bracket but trust me you will run into more issues as your doing the swap like me. you will need obd-1 injectors and clips obd-1 distributor and altenator and a few other things be sure to change your gaskets and things you dont want any leaks especially since it is a old motor.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im doing this swap right now. you need 94-01 mounts! im using a deal sol mount for my driver side mount but its a bracket your suppose to buy for it i forgot which bracket it was but its like $45 and you need a 94-01 integra rear mount bracket but trust me you will run into more issues as your doing the swap like me. you will need obd-1 injectors and clips obd-1 distributor and altenator and a few other things be sure to change your gaskets and things you dont want any leaks especially since it is a old motor.
True, you will run into lots of things while your doing it. I'm in the middle of doing my b18a1 swap. Just use a obd1 harness with injectors, that way you don't have to unclip them, and they're all one unit that will work. The plastic holder that holds the wires won't line up on the b18a1 IM but that's ok, just take the wire out of the holder and run them independently, layed on the IM or whatever works. The driver side bracket you need is from a 94-01 Integra, it has 3 bolts that go to the block, and 3 bolts that go to the engine mount, unlike the original bracket that only has 2 bolts going to the engine mount. I don't know why you would need a new alternator. My alternator plugs up fine to the obd1 harness, the pin pattern is the same.

sidneyious

5+ Year Member
put the stock ecu brain into your EG ecu casing so it bolts up.
Iam cureious as to what you mean by this? Take the whole ecu and plug it in no rewiring infolved or do you mean take the ecu chip out of the board and replace it in the cars origional ecu?

Need details here, iam confused.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Iam cureious as to what you mean by this? Take the whole ecu and plug it in no rewiring infolved or do you mean take the ecu chip out of the board and replace it in the cars origional ecu?

Need details here, iam confused.
The ecu bolt pattern on the b18a1 ecu will not bolt up to your EG ecu in car bracket. So a way to make it fit is to remove the housing from each ecus and swap the mother boards. There's like 5 screws on top and 5 on bottom, and also a tiny little one on the side, make sure you don't forget that one. So after you've put the b18a1 memory board in your stock EG ecu housing, it will then bolt up to your ecu in car housing, becuase after all you only changed the thing inside, not the housing that screws to the car.

Dew Hoe

5+ Year Member
which header will u be using if u were to upgrade? the b18a1? or the civic one?

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
which header will u be using if u were to upgrade? the b18a1? or the civic one?
B18b1 header would probably work the best, considering 94+ Integra frames are more similair to 92-95 Civics compared to 90-93 Integras.