b18b1 built

beastmodeeg

Hey yall, i had a quick question about my built on a b18b1. I changed out the main and rod bearing on my build and as i had it on my engine stand upside down, some of the assembly lube went thru my cylinder walls (pistons installed already) is that normal or could my piston rings be bad. I was running it on low oil pressure that's why i had to change out the bearings i had almost spun. Please help.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Was the car smoking or burning oil prior to this? Did you do a compression test to see if you needed to replace them prior to the rebuild?

Why was your oil pressure low to begin with?

beastmodeeg

Was the car smoking or burning oil prior to this? Did you do a compression test to see if you needed to replace them prior to the rebuild?

Why was your oil pressure low
Car was smoking a little but I found 2 broken valve seals, and I haven't did a compression test because the motor is still out. Can i do a compression test with the motor out? And it will it affect the compression because of my low compression pistons? And I think the oil pressure was low because of the oil pump was bad but I'm not sure if it was bad or not

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Are you checking your clearances before throwing this thing back together?

If it was me I would redo everything important while it's out instead of biting my nails on startup.