b18b1 swap into a 95 civic

jmel

Im getting a 95 civic with a d15b7 in it and it will come with a b18b1. is it worth dropping in? and if so what would I need? I know about the tranny but that's about it. I did research on it but I couldn't find a list of parts and what vehicle I need to get them fromnThanks!

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You couldn't of searched really hard, there is a guide in the engine tech of this site....

Not to mention all the other walkthroughs, guides that come up when you google "5th gen civic swap guide"

jmel

yea after putting this up I found what I needed to know. but one more question. should I go b18 or just do the quicker mini me swap?

jmel

well the civic comes with the b18b1 block and head. I need to get everything else. I looked up what I need n I can get it all right now but I want VTEC

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well the civic comes with the b18b1 block and head. I need to get everything else. I looked up what I need n I can get it all right now but I want VTEC
B18B1 isn't Vtec though. You'd need a B18C

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
mini-me<b18b power wise

Seems to me you are getting a shady b18b swap with this car. I would part out the d series and the b series and find a known good running dropout.