b18b1 turbocharged

beastmodeeg

Hey guys, i got a fully built b18b1 engine. The bottom has cp piston, with eagle rods and a block guard, the cp pistons are 9 to 1 and its not bored out. And the head has titanium retainers, dual valve springs, crower 404 cams, lifted cams. And I'm putting in a precision 6262 turbo on a bwr ramhorn manifold. I was just wondering what kind of waste gate size I should get 38mm or 44mm? And how many pounds of boost do you think ima be able to put on the motor? And what size muffler 3inch? Thanks a lot guys.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
44mm since that bottom end wont handle anywhere near that 6262's potential. Why put a turbo capable of 700hp on a engine that wont handle over 450?

beastmodeeg

Well this is my first build and first Honda so I don't really know anything about Hondas, I bought this build from a friend with all this stuff put in it.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Find something smaller, a turbo that is in the 400-500 range, car will be faster and more fun to drive. 44mm wastegate since you'll want to start on a lower boost level and work your way up. Full 3in turboback and for god sakes find a good tuner.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Amount of boost differs per turbo. I say keep the turbo you have and just run at a lower boost. It will save you from having to worry about buying a new turbo. The turbo mani should have option on what size wastegate possibly. 3in exhaust is definitely needed. Most of all like bloodshot said find a good tuner.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
17psi is gonna land probably a shade over 400whp on a 6262, Im gonna look for a dyno of a stock head B18b with a 6262.

beastmodeeg

Amount of boost differs per turbo. I say keep the turbo you have and just run at a lower boost. It will save you fromaving to worry about buying a new turbo. The turbo mani should have option on what size wastegate possibly. 3in exhaust is definitely needed. Most of all like bloodshot said find a good tuner.
I mean the turbo is made for 700hp so it should definitely handle around 15 to 18lbs which I heard I'll be making around 400 to 450hp. And I definitely don't want to spend another 1100 on a turbo.

17psi is gonna land probably a shade over 400whp on a 6262, Im gonna look for a dyno of a stock head B18b with a 6262.
I would be good with 400whp, and is 17psi good for daily driven? As long as I don't boost it right?

Last edited by a moderator: