B18C R Swap

zombie6estabon9

So my buddy has alot of cars and engines. And he was gonna lemme use an engine he had from 95 (i think) JDM Honda Integra Type R. but would it be possible to do a swap with the b18c and put it in my 92 civc dx hatch. Lets just say money isnt the biggest deal here. I just want to do it for the hell of it, if possible. Using as many parts from the Integra that i need.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes its possible and very very very very common. b series engines are the most common engine swap into civics of the 90's.

there are many threads already about swaps though so u can search for them if u want to know more specific stuff.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very possible and very easy. Been done a million times including by myself and probably half the active members on the site. Google it and you'll find everything you need.

EG2 LX

Most straight forward swap there is in my opinion. i dropped my b16 into my civic in a day and had it running and wired up. very easy swap to do especially if you have all the parts needed.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it would be quick, but not fast.

make sure you take into consideration the lph of the fuel pump, standard EG/EH fuel pumps are about 90lph, type r/integra are 135lph... only evident when in the higher rpm range, but is the #1 thing over looked in this swap.

at idle the pumps work identically.

but to your point, it is done all day everyday and is typically a beginner's swap due to ease and little wiring requirements.

Evans13

No not yet. I have more mods lined up after my BAR appointment. I don't want to give the refs anything to complain about. I'm opted not to bolt on my 5zigen header that came with it because it's not CARB legal, but I will replace it with something that is. The rest of the exhaust is my stock EX setup and needs to be swapped out.