B20 tranny axel

mauricio rodriguez

What I noticed was that, when it's in the tranny and the hub, the axel is a lil to short. So the joint is stressed being pulled a little...

710times

What I noticed was that, when it's in the tranny and the hub, the axel is a lil to short. So the joint is stressed being pulled a little...
Is the car lifted off the ground or what lol. Has the car ever been in a crash? That doesn't sound right at all. It sounds like something is binding up. Is it only breaking on corners?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mauricio rodriguez

No it's straight, it's on 700 pnds springs witch makes it hop on 1st gear. I also think that it being to stiff may affect it when it hops on take off..

710times

No it's straight, it's on 700 pnds springs witch makes it hop on 1st gear. I also think that it being to stiff may affect it when it hops on take off..
i guess something softer would benefit you for sure. I had some soft springs on my 91 hatch with a gsr and it would roast the tires up to third gear, but not hop

MotorMo

Respected
Sounds like a fun set up. Yea something ait right- had a friend with 400 hp B18C1. He had stock axles and never had a problem. Might want to check your mounts. Or get an OEM unit, used or new. Wheel hop is what snaps axles. That dirty dirty wheel hop.

710times

Motor mounts oem, rather than polyurethane? Don't want a lot of vibration..
Tokicos (whites) have 5 settings good dampers
on my 91 hatch with a gsr i had the stiffest mounts that hasport made and i had to go thru that car like once a month and tighten everything down that had vibrated loose

mauricio rodriguez

If any one live by where the Long Beach GP is going down, use promo code (coke75) on their website and you get 2 free tickets for Friday only