B20 transmission swap questions

Jonas99EX

Hello,
I have swapped out my 99 Civic EX's D16Y8/5speed for a B20B/5speed from a 1998 CR-V. I am in the process of hooking everything up but need to figure out the shift cables and the rear t-bracket.
Has anyone else done this?
Can I use a shifter and cables from a near same year accord for the CR-V 5 speed manual trasmission?
My D16Y8 T-bracket wont work (even with modifications) and the t-bracket I tried to use (Honda part# 50825-S10-A00 for a 2000 Civic si) wont work either.
I have ordered a t-bracket for a 1998 CR-V with hope that it will bolt up.

Any and all help is appreciated!

710times

why are you going thru all that trouble of putting that crv transmision with that style shifer in it when you could get any hydro dohc transmission and itll bolt right up using that Si T bracket unless your gonna try to make your car an AWD then i would throw that crv transmission as far as possible. you might as well put a h22 in it with the work your gonna have to do to get that crv transmission to work.... the only time ive ever seen this done was when someone on this fourm made a AWD hatch. that guy did alot of work and i mean ALLLLOOOOOTTTT to get his car going go to be honest i dont even think the axles would even work. crvs are 36mm and standard civics and integras are 32mm

Jonas99EX

I'm mainly curious to see how many others have installed a cable shift manual tranny into a Civic.
Isn't a "hydo" transmission an automatic? I already have this engine and transmission installed in the car less the T-bracket. It's front wheel drive only. The intermediate and axle shafts from an Integra fit just fine. I'm pretty sure I can install a shifter and cables from an accord but thought I'd see what others have done.

710times

I'm mainly curious to see how many others have installed a cable shift tranny into a Civic.
Isn't a "hydo" transmission an automatic? I already have this engine and transmission installed in the car less the T-bracket. It's front wheel drive only. The intermediate and axle shafts from an Integra fit just fine. I'm pretty sure I can install a shifter and cables from an accord but thought I'd see what others have done.
hydro=hydraulic clutch. and i honestly think it would be a headache

Jonas99EX

Does hydraulic clutch mean a clutch master / slave cylinder setup with no clutch cable? If so then that's what I have now.
I have the whole thing swapped in already except for the t-bracket. If the CR-V t-bracket doesn't work then I may relocate the rubber mount on the car or just weld something up.

Jonas99EX

Just to follow up for anyone else that does this...
1) The "T" bracket will need to be from a CRV when installing a CRV tranny into an EX Civic.
2) The Accord shifter and cables that I used had to be slightly modified. A better choice would be to use the shifter and cables that came with the CRV 5 speed tranny. (I didn't have them)
The Civic runs and drives great with the B20B and 5 speed from the CRV!

710times

Just to follow up for anyone else that does this...
1) The "T" bracket will need to be from a CRV when installing a CRV trannyinto an EX Civic.
2) The Accord shifter and cables that I used had to be slightly modified. A better choice would be to use the shifter and cables that came with the CRV 5 speed tranny. (I didn't have them)
The Civic runs and drives great with the B20B and 5 speed from the CRV!
What did you have to do for the shifter to fit into the spot where the oem shifter goes? Since your putting a cable type shifter. Did you have to buy the thing to mount up a different shifter? What did you have to modify for the cables to work? Pretty much I'm asking what ALL did you have to modify for this CR-v transmission to work. Besides knowing that you must use the CRv T-bracket. What axles did you use also. I really like the sound of it because the cables give a nice smooth shift from my experience is driving Hondas with cable type shifter mechanisms.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Jonas99EX

I mounted the cable shifter "up" using 3" pipe sections and 4" bolts. In other words... I made a lift kit for the shifter and then cut a hole in the firewall for the cables.
The cables hooked up to the CRV tranny bracket but I ended up moving the smaller cable back away from the bracket mount by about 3" and securing it with a small u-bolt to the bracket. This allows the cable to freely move its lever to and fro, whereas it couldn't before. A CRV shifter and cables would need no modifications but I couldn't find one cheap enough on ebay.