XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They came out very good and it was a crazy fast turn around time. Hoping to get them on tomorrow actually.

Also, had an issue with my car running like complete crap on lower RPMS. Added some oil additive that actually got good reviews... but apparently shouldn't be used with smaller oil passages (vtec, etc) with high miles. Got a CEL for a VTC phase gap, which generally means the timing chain stretched or cam timing jumped. Changed the oil and cleared the CEL. The CEL never came back but the car still ran like crap. I pulled the valve cover, checked the timing and it was spot on. Put the VC back on, and no more issues.... Strange, but I'm not complaining. Only thing I can think of is that the crap I put in there caused some s*** to gunk up an oil line. When I took the VC off, I had a hell of a time getting the breather hose off (no vice grips FTL) and was shaking the crap out of the motor, so maybe I dislodged it from wherever it was. :lol: Guess it's time for another oil change to be sure.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

^^ Did that today. That wasn't my best run. That was a 65.577. My best run of the day was 62.383. Placed 15th out of 24th overall for the novice class. My buddy also did it, in his stock Cavalier, and placed 23rd out of 24th :lol:

Oh, and the AP1 wheels are on now.. ;)

Last edited:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought you were driving an RX8 for this...?

- Szady

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I thought you were driving an RX8 for this...?

- Szady
I was supposed to. But the novice school was the day before. I signed up for that, which was a whole day of driving plus free entry into the actual event the next day. I figured that since I was taking the school with the RSX, it made sense to participate with it as well. So I cancelled with the RX-8. Which, btw, the owner ended up running with himself and placed the second best non-kart time.

Welllll the day before novice school I was putting the AP1 wheels on. The 15mm front spacers had the wrong thread pitch, so I figured I couldn't mount the wheels. Cancelled novice school, but did some research and test fit them without the spacers later on, and realized they still fit. They look a little goofy, and I'll be throwing the spacers on when I get the right ones. Product model # and size / thread pitch was right on the box, the wrong ones were just inside. :roll: I love the fitment on the rear though.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Olivia...I vote for a name change. IDK what's with your thing for old lady names...Gertrude, Gloria, now Olivia? WTF dude...? You have a secret to share or something?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Olivia...I vote for a name change. IDK what's with your thing for old lady names...Gertrude, Gloria, now Olivia? WTF dude...? You have a secret to share or something?
Hehehe, no, and a year later I am not opposed to name change. [MENTION=59684]Puma[/MENTION] named Gloria lol.

I guess small update since it's been a while... got her re-rust-proofed and winterized minus winter tires. Waiting on a sale of my turbo parts to go through, and once that does, I'll be paying off my credit card and buying myself a good pair of snows for the stock wheels.

Future plans for now are mostly cosmetic. Until it's paid off (sometime late next year), I don't plan on doing too much to the motor. I'm approaching 150k and will probably hit it this winter/spring. So for now, plans are:
Retrofitted headlights
LED dome and license plate lights
Yellow Fogs
Exhaust
Slight drop
Aspec lip IF I can find one. It's tough finding a lot of '02-04 only parts.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

You want to talk about it being hard to find parts? Find me parts for Takara...I dare you. Oh, and IF you do find them...deep pockets are needed. JDM/EDM front bumper...$250 shipped. Fullmark tailgate...$350 shipped... They flat out just don't make a front/rear lip for 1st gen CRV's... People want $40 for a f***ing factory CLOCK...not to mention you have to modifiy EK/EM/DC parts to fit RD's...

So tell me...how hard is it finding parts for an RSX? :lol:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Winter project: retrofit.

Starting off with a new set of headlights that I picked up for $200. OEM Honda and very clear class!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, you took this thing to Ziebart correct? I remember i asked you abut this but its not in this thread; must of been the shout box.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So for now, plans are:
Retrofitted headlights
LED dome and license plate lights
Yellow Fogs
Exhaust
Slight drop
When you do the exhaust I'd like to call dibs on the muffler, specifically the muffler tip, if available.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice cat lol.
Thanks lol. Inherited him from the ex... :lol:

dude, you took this thing to Ziebart correct? I remember i asked you abut this but its not in this thread; must of been the shout box.
Yep. Had a whole bunch of s**t done there. It came out nice. I had their diamond gloss treatment done which actually gives the car a nice shine without even really needing to wax it. I only waxed her once last fall. They were nice too, and since I have to go back yearly to keep my warranty, I told them I added the aspec wing, so they diamond glossed that fo' free. I'm happy with their service.

When you do the exhaust I'd like to call dibs on the muffler, specifically the muffler tip, if available.
Ok lol. It will be next summer I hope.

Just purchased my mini H1 retrofit kit! Should be here either friday or early next week. Then the real fun begins. :thumbs up

[MENTION=28267]JohnS.[/MENTION] I may be calling you for help haha

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This weekend the project begins...! (hopefully)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
One projector is done, but I need to make sure they align properly. I need to do this with the lens still off in case I need to make any adjustments, and it's way too cold right now - so this project is on a slight delay.

You can still have fun in the snow!

And I got a sweet knob :lol:

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My projectors have to be adjusted off the car cause of the way they were fitted

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Car is officially paid off! Took a little over a year and 3 months, not too shabby.