Back in the Game (Thoughts/Opinions Wanted)

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello everyone,

I'm finally living on my own, financially set, with a somewhat decent income. Sold my civic back in May, but I am looking to get a new project car sometime in the next couple months.

I'm looking for thoughts, ideas, opinions, and experience on various cars to spark my imagination and narrow down my search. I can save about $200-$300 per week, and am in no rush to get a car (can wait until after Minnesoa winter). So price of the vehicle shouldn't be much of a worry by that time. Of course, I still want to take my time and find a good deal though.

I've been looking at the following vehicles the most.

Honda 6th Gen Civic Hatchback
Honda Del Sol
Nissan 240sx preferably s13 Coupe
Toyota 1986-87 Corolla preferably Hatchback
Mitsubishi 3000gt
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI
Mazda Miata

I'm open to other vehicles as well if someone has any experience or thoughts to share on them. A civic or Del Sol would probably become a daily driver with an N/A b swap and I would buy a bike as well then. The other options would be garagw kept and built as full on project cars.

Hopefully this thread starts some good conversations on vehicles that everyone enjoys, and sparks some good thoughts for other people as well.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Unless you live in Canada, good luck because they are illegal for like 7-8 more years.

Viable choices depend on what you want to do with the car, of those cars my list would look like this:

3kGT VR4
S13
6th Gen civic
AE86
Del SOl

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I can hope and dream. It's my favorite car so I have to put it in the list.

I really need to learn more about all of the s13 swap options. I've been researching what I can, but Idk prices and power ranges like I do on the Honda engines.

If it came to 3000gt, I'd be looking for more of a powerhouse.

With an s13, a fun track car

Ae86 restore and mod slightly with a 4ag. Maybe supercharge but no turbo.

Civic/Del Sol daily.

I still don't know what I truly want for a car though. Which is why I created this thread to see what other people are interested and get motivation once I find the right vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I want an Evo 2, and they will be legal by the time I graduate (again) so one of those is goin in my garage.

sr20/rb20/rb25/rb26 plus any thing else you can shoe horn in there. I'm surprised I haven't seen a 14.7 liter Caterpiller in one

3000gt, you'll spend more on getting the chassis up to snuff but it will be fast.

I really don't know anything about the corollas other than they go sideways

A civic is a civic, blah

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Maybe I'll try the 14.7 cat engine ;) I was hoping mymemmry would chime in here about the Mazda game, but he hasn't yet.

I have months to research and price things out. Maybe an Evo 2 will become an option as well.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im here. Im here. Lol.
What are your thoughts on how hard it would be to source an fd with with a 13b? I have a friend that did it and it cost him way too much money. Was hoping you'd have some knowledge if I could get it done for $10000 or so?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are your thoughts on how hard it would be to source an fd with with a 13b? I have a friend that did it and it cost him way too much money. Was hoping you'd have some knowledge if I could get it done for $10000 or so?

Like a usdm rx7 or a jdm one? They all have a 13b in them.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm thinking more finding a shell, and then sourcing a 13b unless I found a very clean one.