Been gone for a while... Back with a different ride.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I used to frequent this forum a lot, probably reading more than posting. Then the day came that I sold my EM1, and without another Civic in my future, I stopped getting on the site.

Well, the time came, and I "fell into" a deal with a buddy for a 95 hatch. It had no title, didn't run, and was in a storage unit in Colorado while I was living in Illinois. So what else to do but grab a trailer and drive the 2,000 miles there and back to pick it up!!

image (9).jpeg
He had stripped it down, painted it, swapped in a B18C, and started on the wiring and interior when he had to stop and stow it in a garage. When I picked it up there were boxes of parts, and wires a mess. I figured I would have it up and running in a couple months... I figured...

image (14).jpeg

I began the process of doing the wiring for the B-swap, and quickly realized I had a LOT more to worry about than just the ECU wiring. Nothing worked... Well, the taillights turned on, but that was about it. No dash lights, no signals.

image (17).jpeg

I got it to a point where I felt comfortable with rewiring everything, and then I remembered my other big problem, the title. He had lost it after he bought it, and the place that sold it to him had closed. To make matters worse, that happened a couple of years prior. I would have to apply for a bonded title. No problem, right? Wrong...

Two years... is how long it took to get a title for this car. Between incorrect vehicle history reports and working with two different states' DMVs, I was finally able to get a title for the car, one week before I was set to leave the country for a year.

So now she sits in a garage again, the 4th one since 2012.

IMG_6352.JPG

As luck would have it though, King Motorsports happens to be about 45 minutes from where I grew up, and where the car is stored now. Plans are to have them finish up the wiring, get it running, and dyno tune it before I pick it up for the cross country trek to Texas. That will be the first time ever driving it, I guess the miles will offer me plenty of time to figure out all the details that need to be worked out.

Specs:
1995 Honda Civic CX
B18C
Tanabe Super Medallion Cat-Back
Konig Helium Wheels

Not sure of suspension, as it's all being replaced immediately with Koni Yellow/GC Coilovers, ASR Rear Sway/Brace, Skunk 2 LCAs, Energy Suspension Bushings.

Anyway, glad to be back (almost) in the Honda game, it's been far too long.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome back. Nice hatch and glad its finally getting back to life.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like you're fixing her up the right way! Are you in the military by chance?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks great. I'm actually in Elgin too.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It looks great. I'm actually in Elgin too.
Small world! I lived/worked around there for a few years. Actually live in El Paso, TX now, but am currently deployed. I've got a house in South Elgin I plan on moving back to when I get out in a few years. Maybe I'll run into you one of these years. Hah!

Sounds like you're fixing her up the right way! Are you in the military by chance?
I am. 10 yrs now in the Army.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome back. Nice clean ride. Hopefully you can get her up and running soon.