best approach. to getting parts for my smashed up seven gen coupe

shpeedballz

Hey guys, i have a seventh gen coupe that got hit on the front passenger side, i have her all straightned out but seems like a coupe parts car is pretty hard to come bye where I'm at. I need stuff like a strut, windshield, front fender tierod, hinge pillar skin etc. So i was wondering what other approach. migjt i take? Would stuff off a sedan or a previous gen car work? What would you guys do ?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
uhhmm.. haul it to a body shop?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, you havent mentioned at all what approach youve attempted to find parts. Call junk yards, search on craigslist, and search on ebay. There are several junkyards that sell parts on ebay.

shpeedballz

Can't get defeated yet lol well problem is I've beem to every junkyard within a 500 mile radius of me and haven't found a single parts coupe but there are hybrids and six gens all over the place

Eer i guess what my question is if i grab up a sedan will anything cross over would you know? I know the engine bays are smaller on the sedans so they maybe are totally different?

Last edited by a moderator:

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Everything you need can be found at a body shop. they can get just about any part.

Check Certi-fit for fenders. Glass is another story. strut and tie rod can be found at NAPA

EDIT: I dont know the variants between the 7th gens.. We all know 6th gens crossover..

but if you have a sedan to do some measuring, see if everything is the same.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Craigslist. There are 3 7th gen coupes being parted out within 50 miles of where I am at, I am sure with some digging you will find something in your area as well.

If not, going to have to hit up forums and google to see if there are any around you or are willing to ship. Hell, a lot of wrecking yards ship now. I know autowrecking.com ships nation wide. Quick 2 second search shows that they have at least 10 7th gen civic coupes in one of their multiple locations.

shpeedballz

The body shop is alway the best aproach but on a bit of a budget, by time they had it stood back up id have as much in it as just buying a good one. Certi-fit sounds like a good place to start ill see what gos there. I know rigjt when i bought it i thought for sure id have no problem finding one, I'm a bit in the boonies out this way so things are hard to come by. i think i might measure up a sedan and if they match up ill drag one homesix gens are looking way the hell better everyday lol

Tyler K

If an engine bay on a sedan smaller than a coupe how was my DC Strut bar able to fit on my car...that info might help out alot.

Last edited:

Em2 Ja

WHERE ARE YOU FROM ? i am from California by San Diego i work at a junk yard here and i have an excess amount of parts for 7th gen civics coupes and 4 doors in my lots .

what ever you do .,do note get after marcket fenders or hoods ,, the materials are cheap and will bend on thier own with the air current , bumpers and plastic are fine but when it comes to the fenders and the hoods

Last edited by a moderator:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Incorrect. Yes, they can be of a lesser quality, but aftermarket is a GOOD alternative if you do your research and review the brand. I have an aftermarket hood on my GLi that has been on there for 10 years now and you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between that and the OEM one from VW. Only difference is the massive price cut from the overpriced OEM parts.

To educate the ones that might stumble upon this: not all parts at a junkyard are OEM. You can get, and will find a LOT of vehicles that have aftermarket exterior parts. Insurance companies love to force body shops to go with them. Unless they use and inferior brand, you will NOT be able to tell the difference unless you know what you are looking for.

Em2 Ja

Granted it does depend on the brand but most after market hoods are ones that are not very reliable and yea some cars in the junk yards come with them but you are informed if it is after market or should be informed an OEM hood t the wrecking yard that I work in in good condition should be at its most 125.00 pint I you can not go wrong with OEM if you want to gamble after market be my guest but a good place to find OEM parts or any parts near you is a web site called Car-part.com shows you parts near you and lists prices