Best Dseries Engine for Turbo upgrade

Jdm_Civic96

Hello, This is my first post so here it goes.

I've Just recently bought a Honda Civic 1996 Dx 1.3(jap import), I am going to change to the engine to a 1.4 then turbo it but i am not sure which 1.4 engine to buy, I don't know wither there all the same or there's a so called "better/faster" one , so this is why i am here to find out, In my head this is what I want to do.. High lift Cams, Turbo Kit, Induction Kit, throttle Body, D16 intake Manifold ? D16 Gearbox ? Am not too sure I need Help! ;)

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just find a D16z6. Build it and then drop it in.

Jdm_Civic96

Just find a D16z6. Build it and then drop it in.
But i want to keep my car as just a 1.4 non vtec as i wont be able to get insured, i basically want to turbo a 1.4 engine and am wondering what the best set up for this is ? =)

emerican

Registered VIP
never had any experience with 1.4s so theres no way to recomd you something almost all people here are going to say d16z6 or d16y8.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
We dont have the same engines that you have, everyone here has the 1.5's and 1.6's.

How would insurance know you have 1.6? My D16Y7 was terribly slow, I cant even imagine a 1.4 lol.

Jdm_Civic96

We dont have the same engines that you have, everyone here has the 1.5's and 1.6's.

How would insurance know you have 1.6? My D16Y7 was terribly slow, I cant even imagine a 1.4 lol.
Well police here in northern ireland tend to pull you over and check your engine... Oh i didnt realised that, Sorry.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I doubt any officer would notice the difference between a 1.4 and a 1.6 L engine and there's not much aftermarket support for rods and pistons for the d14 compaired to the d16 which you will need if you want anymore than 180hp.I would say get a z6 because the y8 have oiling issues