Best fitting Civic Type R rear lip for 96 hatch

OddandTwisted

So i want a CTR rear lip but the legit ones seem to only come in JDM colors and are mad expensive and come with the bumper. If i were to get a replica one, which fits best? PasswordJDM's is 189.99 but the theres those others on ebay or amazon that are $60 but ive also seen a Wings West replica that fit pretty well from the picture I saw. And when installing it, am i gonna have problems with the tailpipe touching the lip? looks like its close to the bumper of my car already with no lip. Any help is appreciated guys! thanks in advance

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
As for the tail pipe touching the lip, we'd need some pictures to determine that. My rear lip (eBay crap) touches my lip, but as long as the exhaust sticks further out, it won't melt your exhaust. The exhaust fumes are what melt the lips, not the exhaust itself.
As far as what lip would be a better choice, it's basically up to you. I would personally never spend that kind of money on a lip, since it's only a piece of plastic lol. I'd go with the cheapest one, and if it doesn't look good to you then sell it, and save up for a real one. There are a lot of Honda owners that love OEM everything so I do understand why people buy OEM, it's just I'd never do it myself.
Here's a picture (kinda hard to see) of how my rear lip sits on my exhaust:

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Well I mean you could always buy a crappy eBay rear lip and run it for a couple days/weeks and see if it melts. It looks to me like your piping isn't sticking past your bumper and this is what causes lips to melt, the fact that the fumes come right out and hit the lip.