Best gaskets?

Summer

I am putting new gaskets threw out my engine before it gets swapped into my car. Going to order the entire gasket set for my B18b1 this weekend and i'm wanting to get the best ones i can. I don't want to get this engine built and dropped in the car just for it to leak.

What brands do you guys suggest and Why?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Fel-Pro makes a good head gasket / set. OEM for other gaskets :thumbs up

anv2tk

Respected
I would recommend dealer head gasket and fel-pro for the rest. Its just one of those things that you don NOT want to redo if it still leaks afterwards. Got a good machine shop and reliable torque wrench?

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
OEM is never a bad choice. I mean who else can design something better than the company that made that engine? not many other companies can.

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's quite a bit of preference and some "mis-guided" bad experiences with certain brands, but some of it depends on what you are doing with the car. If you're going boost, some prefer OEM honda gasket still. I hear quite a bit of friends and fast moving cars at the strips running the golden eagle advanced seal head gaskets. I plan to run that with my build. I personally like felpro valve cover gaskets and oil pan gaskets (they don't require messing with so much gasket maker/sealer IMO) and OEM gaskets for everything else.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OEM is never a bad choice. I mean who else can design something better than the company that made that engine? not many other companies can.
That definitely holds true for Honda, but not every brand. Lets make sure that's clear. Nowadays, several companies just design a car to be appealing, when new of course, to the less knowledgeable. VW is notorious for that now as evident by their recent nationwide scam. But thats another topic.

Yeah. Stick with Honda :thumbs up

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You do realize that Honda most likely doesn't "make" the parts they use in the cars when it comes to gaskets, orings, etc. They farm out the work to companies like felpro. I agree about using OEM parts but it's misleading to tell people that they make the stuff. Just as I always use an OEM oil filter but I know that it is made by a different company and rebranded with a HONDA label.

That definitely holds true for Honda, but not every brand. Lets make sure that's clear. Nowadays, several companies just design a car to be appealing, when new of course, to the less knowledgeable. VW is notorious for that now as evident by their recent nationwide scam. But thats another topic.

Yeah. Stick with Honda :thumbs up
A tuning software bypass to change the vehicle smog standards during emissions testing is far different then a gasket set maker. Most people would love to get rid of emissions, I know I would. Inspections in certain states can be brutal. That's all this was. There was no safety issue, and it has nothing to do with the quality of the parts or the vehicle as the ecu determined when the vehicle was running normal as opposed to being tested during a smog test or state inspection and only adjusted during this time. I have customers and friends that have vehicles that are affected by this emissions bypass and will not do anything about it unless mandatory by the EPA in their testing areas. Those that I know that live in areas that don't test for emissions aren't going to touch their cars. Media, like always blew this out of the water to make it seem worse than it was. FFS, customers get a nice fat check, a reflash of their ecu, and have the same vehicle they always had. A terrible sounding, nasty smelling diesel that has no power to begin with and torque you can't really use. Once the dust settles, they will go back up in price because for some reason everyone wants a diesel. At least around here. We sell diesel Cayennes like they grow money in the glovebox. Can't hold onto them. But yes, this is another topic altogether.