best place to get my 1994 Honda Civic painted in Dayton Ohio area?

drummer4261900

5+ Year Member
best place to get my 1994 Honda Civic painted in Dayton Ohio area? I was trying to see a rough idea of how much it would cost to get a paint job done. I have some rear quarter panel rust. Other than that the car is in great shape. I have heard that Maco is crap but wanted to see if you guys felt the same way? Hoping to get pointed in the direction of some good auto paint shop?

Thanks for any help!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maaco on Main Street. Those guys do top notch work.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
lethal is being sarcastic, youre going to have to ask around some people local to you (deathmalice is localish to you, one of the mods is in cincy I think it is ImportTuner)

drummer4261900

5+ Year Member
That's the thing I have no idea how much it is? How much does it cost? I have at least 400-500 right now.... I don't know if that's enough or not though? I am about to get my taxes so I could have like a 1000 or more pretty soon? I just don't want to go to crazy but I don't want s***ty paint that'll start peeling off after a year. I just want silver no flake or any thing crazy. Also my car is currently white I am not sure if that helps at all cost wise. I dont care to drive that doesn't matter to me.

Thanks!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
400-500 will be a Maaco paint job. A quality job will be over $1000. When I wanted mine redone it was going to be $4000.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Changing the color is going to cost more. A good guess based on the damage and the change in color is $2500. Your $500 isn't even going to cover the labor let alone the cost of the paint.

Not much we can do on here but throw out guesses. Why don't you stop in or call a few shops in your area. That would get your price quotes better than we can.

Codysitristano

If you get ppg primer paint clear coat laquor thinner ect ect 500 might cover the cost of that not even gona start on the cost of rust repair n body work labor ect ect I just painted my hatch not to long ago people dont consider how much work it is lol btw you fix the rust it WILL be back...

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android