Best strut/coilover for the money?

dwhatule

I have a '00 DX in dire need of a new suspension. I'd like to replace the struts first since, at least to my knowledge, that's the main part of a suspension. Can anyone recommend a good strut/coilover/whatever for its price? I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. Doesn't need to be adjustable or super stiff or anything crazy. Basically, I want OEM feel without the huge OEM price tag. I don't want a garbage bargain part that's going to fail after 2 years. But I don't have money coming out of my ears either lol. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please familiarize yourself with the search function because this question has been covered thoroughly. FYI, if cost is a factor and you dont intend to drive the car aggressively then coilovers arent needed. Just go with some Koni Str.T (yellow) struts and Tein S-tech or H-tech springs.

CivicEx'00

I have a '00 DX in dire need of a new suspension. I'd like to replace the struts first since, at least to my knowledge, that's the main part of a suspension. Can anyone recommend a good strut/coilover/whatever for its price? I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. Doesn't need to be adjustable or super stiff or anything crazy. Basically, I want OEM feel without the huge OEM price tag. I don't want a garbage bargain part that's going to fail after 2 years. But I don't have money coming out of my ears either lol. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I've heard good things about Monroe suspension. I actually just bought some myself for the front. It's nice that they sell the complete assembly so then there's no need for a spring compressor

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've heard good things about Monroe suspension. I actually just bought some myself for the front. It's nice that they sell the complete assembly so then there's no need for a spring compressor
Last I checked, Monroe only makes OEM height struts, which aren't designed to be lowered. He's apparently looking to drop his Civic since he mentioned coilovers.