Best year and trim for 7th gen coupe?

moltar

5+ Year Member
I'm thinking of jumping over a generation from 5th to 7th =) I'd like to get a coupe body. What's the best trim/year in this generation? From some reading I realize they redone the front at some point and there is also a 30th anniversary edition. Then there are also different engines. I'd like to get a 2.0L one if they had it.

I am from Canada btw, but wouldn't mind going to the US if the difference is major.

:shock:

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The 04-05 coupes looked best. You can also check out the 7th Gen SI, but it's a hatchback and not all that great looking IMO.

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
04-05 had best lines, but other than ex trim level in a manual. Really wasn't that great. As far as parts though the most came for the ex hx version of the 01-03

moltar

5+ Year Member
The 04-05 coupes looked best. You can also check out the 7th Gen SI, but it's a hatchback and not all that great looking IMO.
Yeah, I don't like hatches either. I want a coupe.

04-05 had best lines, but other than ex trim level in a manual. Really wasn't that great. As far as parts though the most came for the ex hx version of the 01-03
Supposedly the 30th edition was only for Canadian market.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
there is a guy on here from europe i think with a 30th edition type r
with a coupe ex special edition is the highest you can go and its only a 1.7 liter

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Really it's not worth the engine that comes with it if your looking for power. The d17a2 is the best your going to get with the v tec but still piss poor hp. k20 swap good na engine and can handle gobs of boost up to 20 psi without anything special.

moltar

5+ Year Member
Europe's 30th edition is a hatch I believe. But for Canada, they had 4dr and coupes as well.

As for engine, I am just looking to get the best stock, but then obviously s**t can be bolted on/swaped =) But it's always better to have a good starting point. So that's why I am asking which one of the whole line is the best one to get...

moltar

5+ Year Member
Are there any sold in NA that are Jap assembly? Or is everything assembled in US/Canada these days? Are any of them assembled in Mexico?

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mexico does do assembly you can tell by the first letter of the vin usually M for mexico c for canada j for japan

moltar

5+ Year Member
Which one is better in the order of preference? I always thought it was Japan, Canada/US, then Mexico? Is it true?

05HFPCivicSE

5+ Year Member
the 2005 EX Special Edition is a sweet lookin b*tch, im not jus sayin that cuz i got one either. if thats good enough see if you can get a dealer installed HFP package also if money isnt a issue, im not jus sayin that cuz i got that either lol. if you can get some HFP EP-R5 5 spoke gunmetal rims to match your gunmetal EM2 those r sweet too, im not jus sayin that cus i have them either LOL. from an unbiased point of view (other than a 05 HFP EX SE) id have to say 99-00 Si Coupe is a damn good looking honda!. dont bother with a bulbous bloated looking 8th gen, it looks like megamans helmet with lights JP

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2004 LX 2dr Coupe FUJI BLUE BABY!!
Great lines!
Just needs a little to improve it's nice looks: i.e. lowering, tint, headlights...

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the 2005 EX Special Edition is a sweet lookin b*tch, im not jus sayin that cuz i got one either. if thats good enough see if you can get a dealer installed HFP package also if money isnt a issue, im not jus sayin that cuz i got that either lol. if you can get some HFP EP-R5 5 spoke gunmetal rims to match your gunmetal EM2 those r sweet too, im not jus sayin that cus i have them either LOL. from an unbiased point of view (other than a 05 HFP EX SE) id have to say 99-00 Si Coupe is a damn good looking honda!. dont bother with a bulbous bloated looking 8th gen, it looks like megamans helmet with lights JP
:lol:
megamans helmet

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wow all ya love my car my car, personaly i like the lines in my car better, but when the 01-03 have their stock headights blackedout, man they look JDM badass