Black Magic's baby - Timeline

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sorry bro, I just don't think dark wheels go well on a dark color like yours, even with the stripes....hmmmm maybe something polished, or white

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hear ya. I would actually prefer not to have dark wheels but mine get so dirty in the winter and i have keep cleaning them and re-finish the polished area.

Steelies don't clear the brakes so I had to get something else. I was originally looking for bronze or gunmetal only, but I got these for pretty cheap. I might end up having them powder-coated, but there aint any reasonably priced places around here :(

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks great! I would just paint the lip, and lose the generic fogs. Keep up the good work though!

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks ya'll. I think I've made up my mind. Green it is.

Looks great! I would just paint the lip, and lose the generic fogs. Keep up the good work though!
I pulled off the fogs earlier this year. They were pieces of s**t and didn't do anything next to my retrofit. Looking for some oem raybrig fogs so lmk if you come across any.

Montagnard184

I like your ride. What size rims do you have and how much did you drop it? I have a 98 EX with 17's, but have yet to lower it. I am thinking about 1.3 in front and 1.5 in back.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Loving it, especially the Acura trunk. Did you have to align it or did it fit perfectly?

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like your ride. What size rims do you have and how much did you drop it? I have a 98 EX with 17's, but have yet to lower it. I am thinking about 1.3 in front and 1.5 in back.
I have 17's. I wanted 16's but couldn't find those gold rims in that size. I'm using coilovers so I'm not sure exactly how much it's dropped, but I'd say around 2.5".

Loving it, especially the Acura trunk. Did you have to align it or did it fit perfectly?
Thanks. The trunk fit perfectly. The Acura EL is pretty much exactly like a Civc =)

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like everything on your car except the headlights man, but as long as your happy...:thumbup:

Cooper76

I like what you've done to your can man. Keep up the good work! I love the system too, nice and clean. I had a hell of a time mounting my Morel's in the stock locations. Lot's of grinding and fabbing! I don't even dare to take it apart, I had to hot glue the factory covers back on to make it look factory when I was all done. Never even thought about making pods like you did.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, I think it's time for an update. I stopped putting money in my car for nearly the last 2 years to avoid getting into more debt with school and all. I finally just graduated and starting a job next week.

I have 18k in debt to pay back, but I'm hoping I can afford to get a b16/b20 swap this summer and then maybe some boost next summer.

In the meantime, I picked up some new wheels:

Gram lights 57c wrapped in 205/50/16 good year f1 gsd3 tires. Rolling radius is the same as my current wheels but thinking about going lower profile to 205/40.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Comparison:

From this:

To this:

Was lucky enough to clear the calipers!

And in the winter I'll be using these: