Black Magic's baby - Timeline

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I like gold too but it's too flashy. I've been pulled over waaaay too many times for random bs since I got those wheels. Need something smaller, lighter and more subtle.

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree the gold looks soooo good! After seeing your 4 door, it makes me wanna sell my coupe and buy a green sedan!

What'd you get pulled over for? I bet the cops just wanted to check out your clean vic!

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree the gold looks soooo good! After seeing your 4 door, it makes me wanna sell my coupe and buy a green sedan!

What'd you get pulled over for? I bet the cops just wanted to check out your clean vic!
Thanks.

Where do I start? I lost count of how many times I've been pulled over. I was pulled over once because the cop thought I stole my own car. Once because I was accused of doing burnouts in the middle of the street and then running a red light which was a $10,500 fine. Another time, I was pulled over because the cop didn't think my car would pass safety. My license was taken away and had to pay $200 for a tow truck to take me home. Then I paid another $100 to get my license back after getting my safety done... which I passed with no problems!

Just a bunch of bs that I no longer want to deal with. So I'm raising my car and trying to make it more subtle.

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Agreed^ that sucks. Whatever you do, just keep it clean! looking forward to see the updates

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
no matter your ride height cops are gonna give you s*** they give me s*** and i have a pretty stock hatch. i love the sedan my 97 ex threw a rod and i had to get a new car. if i had my sedan i would definatley want something this clean!

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're right, but I never really got into these situations until I was tuckin tire after I bought those gold wheels. I don't expect police to hassle me any less, but at least now there is a small gap and they won't have to keep saying "it looks like it rubs".

Btw, these wheels/tires are AMAZING to ride on. The larger sidewall made the bumps a little less harsh. Since the wheels are lighter than my old ones, I definitely noticed a HUGE difference in braking. Acceleration also seems to have slightly improved. Also, this really surprised me... when I used to drive at 120km/h on my old wheels, my stock d16 would rev at around 3k. Now it's closer to 2500. And at 140km/h it went from 4000 rpm (old wheels) to 3200rpm on the gram lights. I definitely didn't expect that to happen at all, but I suppose it makes sense. Heavier wheels require more power to move. Anyone else notice this when moving to lighter wheels?

Looking forward to better fuel economy :D

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not a build-related update, but some friends and myself decided to have some fun and try to scare some people last weekend...

[YOUTUBE="Sheesha"]dMqdU3N-Afs[/YOUTUBE]

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car looks good man. Gram lights look dope on it.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy s**t.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those grams look amazing paired up with the willwoods.

how much did the Teins run you, and where did u get them? in up in Scarborough...

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Holy s***.
lol, at what?

those grams look amazing paired up with the willwoods.

how much did the Teins run you, and where did u get them? in up in Scarborough...
Thanks. Teins were about 1,500 after shipping. I got them back in 2008 from optionsauto.com. It looks like they don't have the ones with the upper mounts any more but they can be purchased separately.

http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TEIN-DSH98-2USS1

I always considered getting the EDFC, but I rarely adjust my dampening settings.

LOLd at the video
haha, yeah it was a fun day.

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
by far the biggest influence on my car. love every single mod except for the 60 diff headlights haha. otherwise everything looks super good. ive used your diy's...super helpful

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's always fun to see the changes and fads we went through over the years. Nice build.