Blandsarcasm's 98 ej6 daily

Orion575

Well I finally got all the parts I needed and reassembled the Gsr trans. I've driven the car a couple times in the past few days and everything seems good thankfully. My fingers are crossed that my headaches are over with that. While it was down I came across a deal I couldn't pass up on a pair of red recaros that I'll be throwing into the integra and therefore donating the black ones to the civic. I had also recently picked up a pair of fairly clean del sol seats that I've been running but i guess I'll just be selling those asap. I also purchased a used pair of function 7 control arms with the subframe brace to match so I can finally trash the crappy godspeeds that came on the car.

The parts I've ordered for the k swap have finally started to roll in. Opening the giant box from jhpusa was like Christmas haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind of engine mounts are you using?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
I had the red recaros in the civic for a few days before i swapped the rails with the black ones and threw them in the integra.

IMG_7707 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

i have to say i much prefer the look of the Function 7 setup vs the ASR brace i had before. not to mention having control arms with bushings intact is always a good thing.

IMG_77562 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7759 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

a couple months ago, not too long before the trans broke, i had installed a set of 15mm bolt on spacers. i was just curious to see how close the fitment was.

IMG_7761 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7763 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7768 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

that puts them at 15x7 +23. i had to add a little camber in the rear but theres still less in the back than the front on factory arms. its tight but no rubbing aside from a harsh bump while turning. eventually im gonna get my act together and press in some ARP studs and new bearings at which time ill step down to 10mm spacers.

i also managed to pick up an oem grille for fairly cheap. i rushed the paint job and didnt wet sand the clear, but the fitment more than makes up for it in my eyes. i was so horribly aggravated with the ebay piece of junk that came on the car. out of all the blemishes on the car, that was the worst to me.

IMG_7773 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7772 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7766 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
havent been doing much with the civic lately besides driving it every day. the trans has been butter smooth since the bearing/seal job so im thankful for that. ive been dumping every last bit of my time and money into finishing the k swap in my integra and im super close to being able to fire that up after more than 2 years of piecing that together.

I placed orders for a bunch of parts and have been chipping away at it daily for the past month or so...

IMG_6721 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_6596 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_6615 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7748 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7813 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7791 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7705 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7743 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7834 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7838 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7830 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7827 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7842 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7878 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7881 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
IMG_7905 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7912 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7913 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7940 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7967 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7955 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7939 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7949 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_8014 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7930 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7933 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7983 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7920 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7998 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7969 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_7868 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_8038 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_8040 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_8050 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_8049 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

so thats the progress on the integra over the past month in condensed form. right now im only waiting on ground cables, positive battery terminal, possibly a new battery, and a coolant resevior before i can fire it up (hopefully)

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Ive been giving my civic about as much attention as this thread lately lol. Its been down for the past couple weeks due to a leaky clutch line that Ive been slacking on replacing due to the fact that my k swapped integra is fully up and running. Its been a complete blast driving it daily.

IMG_8120 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_8092 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_8099 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_8098 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_81682 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_81652 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

i did however stumble across a kid locally parting out a black 98 coupe, so i did something ive been wanting to do ever since i picked up the hatch. I bought the hood and front bumper that were in decent shape, and combined with the fenders from my girlfriends coupe, i reverted the front back to its proper 98 spec. im much more of a fan of the shape and lines on this front especially since the 00 em1 front never quite fit right. i was able to reattach my oem sir lip and ctr grille that have been laying around for a while, along with the single ctr headlight that survived from my coupe.

IMG_8118 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_8114 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_8117 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_8111 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

oh yeah and i picked up a spoon strut bar just for the hell of it