Blandsarcasm's 98 ej6 daily

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Very nice cars all around, function 7 must love you :lol:. How close does that asr spacer put the wheel towards you? I was never sure which hub or spacer to go with since I'm also 6'2.
IMG_4205 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

thats my seating position right there. it might be a little too close for some but i wanted my legs extended comfortably without having to stretch for the steering wheel. i can keep my back planted in the seat when making turns with my elbows slightly bent. i first went with the asr hub and 3" spacer thinking that would be close enough but ended up putting the slim quick release on top to add another 1". so if id went with the 4" spacer from the start it wouldve been perfect without the quick release.

Last edited:

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
also my steering column is fully dropped and my knee just barely clears when i heel-toe to rev match. kinda nice not busting my knee cap on the steering column and still having it low where i like it

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow thanks for the detailed reply, that helps a lot!

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Wow thanks for the detailed reply, that helps a lot!
No problem glad i could help. i had to do a little experimenting to find what felt comfortable to me. I know for sure that when i purchase another hub for my integra, its gonna be another ASR one. The design of that thing is genius and makes install a piece of cake.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This car is dope! Love the plans and what you've done so far! I'm trying to get my own EJ to look similar in style as well! Hell, I'm even the same height as you, so the seat/position information is hella useful! Where in PA are you?

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
This car is dope! Love the plans and what you've done so far! I'm trying to get my own EJ to look similar in style as well! Hell, I'm even the same height as you, so the seat/position information is hella useful! Where in PA are you?
wow thanks for the compliment! I'm not really doing anything crazy with it just trying to keep is simple and clean and get this swap done asap. I'm in south east pa not too far from lancaster about an hour south of philly. Where are you?

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow thanks for the compliment! I'm not really doing anything crazy with it just trying to keep is simple and clean and get this swap done asap. I'm in south east pa not too far from lancaster about an hour south of philly. Where are you?
I'm in Wayne, PA. 30 min east of Philly. You and I are actually pretty damn close I think. You want to meet up?!?!?!?

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
I'm in Wayne, PA. 30 min east of Philly. You and I are actually pretty damn close I think. You want to meet up?!?!?!?
you mean out by king of prussia and villanova? yeah man id be down to meet up sometime and check out your coupe! i was looking at a silver one before i bought mine but it wasnt as clean as the buy made it seem. yours looks like its in pretty good shape though!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you mean out by king of prussia and villanova? yeah man id be down to meet up sometime and check out your coupe! i was looking at a silver one before i bought mine but it wasnt as clean as the buy made it seem. yours looks like its in pretty good shape though!
Exactly! I'm legit like 10 min away from the KOP mall.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Exactly! I'm legit like 10 min away from the KOP mall.
That's sick man you're Prob about an hour from me then. Maybe we can meet up there sometime. Im not up that way very often but I'd be willing to take a drive and I'm sure my girl would be down to hit up the mall lol

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's sick man you're Prob about an hour from me then. Maybe we can meet up there sometime. Im not up that way very often but I'd be willing to take a drive and I'm sure my girl would be down to hit up the mall lol
hahah! Chicks LOVE the KOP mall. It's in their blood or something. But PM me your number and I will text you tomorrow and see what we can do. I'd love to see this thing in person!

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
hahah! Chicks LOVE the KOP mall. It's in their blood or something. But PM me your number and I will text you tomorrow and see what we can do. I'd love to see this thing in person!
lol its nothing special man. pics make it look cleaner than it really is haha its got some dings and weird paint issues all over the place not to mention a big ass crack in the windshield that ive been putting off as long as possible lol. but yea ill hit you up and see if we can meet up sometime

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
:evil: so what do you do when your primary o2 goes bad and its welded itself into the bung after 170k miles? Ebay racecar parts! lol thank god its only temporary...

IMG_5536 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_5538 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_5544 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

the quality is obviously pretty cheap as was the price tag but im not spending money on a real header for a motor thats coming out hopefully soon. at least it turned pretty colors :cool:

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
So i finally got my gsr head and block back from the machine shop after almost two months of waiting. The initial excitement quickly turned to frustration when i found my head still full of swarf from the valve job. A mistake like that couldve cost me the motor if i hadnt caught it and spent about an hour blasting air through all the ports. Im just praying i got it all out. Also I asked the guy to mic the pistons and bores to check my piston to wall clearance and see if i needed an overbore or not. I was expecting for him to say it was necessary but he went ahead and just gave the walls a hone and thats it saying they were still within spec but not providing the exact measurements. Thanks to the negligence on cleaning the head, I dont trust this guys work and feel like i should get someone else to double check the measurements so i know for sure. Also, for whatever reason the deck wasnt resurfaced even though it has a bunch of scratches and a couple small nicks on it. He cleaned up all the mating surfaces for the oil pump, main seal, and oil pan but didnt touch the deck. Im not sure if he even checked to make sure it was straight. I really just want to get this thing reassembled and into the civic cause im tired of the d series and its miles are climbing. Im not hyped to have to pay someone else more money to look at this thing but it might be worth it for my own peace of mind.

IMG_5632 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_5660 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_5635 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_5640 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_5644 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_5651 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_5652 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_5653 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_5655 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_5658 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

Poor little b series all in pieces while big brother k laughs in the corner lol. my garage is a freaking mess

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say sell the B parts and K swap both rides like a boss!

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
I say sell the B parts and K swap both rides like a boss!
I wish i was a boss tho! but for real though, for a long time ive wanted to do a bswapped hatch but of course i got rid of the hatch i had a while ago, and when i was looking high and low for another, there was nothing decent besides the coupe i have. but swapping a b into an ek is so simple especially if you already have a vtec harness. So of course i figure what the hell i have a b18 and an ek chassis so why not do it just to do it. especially since its my daily and i need it to be reliable so im just leaving it mostly stock and ill be running on a stock ecu and not spending money on a tune. simple and cheap enough. i really shouldve had it done by now though.

Where did you get the engine work from?
This shop on the north side of lancaster called Racekrafters. i called the machinist today to try and get exact measurements of my cylinders and piston diameter. he didnt have the exact measurments but said that all four cylinders were right at .0002" piston 2wall which is right on the edge of the service limit. He was very apologetic about the swarf being left all in the head and his excuse was that their jet washer had a couple clogged nozzles that have since been fixed. he told me to bring the head back in and he would run it through a wash again just to make sure it was clear of all the debris. he suggested that i could blast it all out with an air gun which is what ive been trying to do the past couple days. Im almost decided that im just gonna reuse the pistons instead of going for some usdm typeR pistons, so the only other thing i need this guy to do is resurface my flywheel.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
if you don't mind me asking what rails are you using in your SRD seats?
Its funny you ask because for a while i had no idea. They just came on the seats when i bought them. i could tell they werent oem and theyre low as hell, which i love, but theres no brand labeling anywhere. but after some google searching, im pretty positive theyre made by Vision. theyre dc2 rails so the rear bolt closest to the center console doesnt line up on an ek, but i managed to do some ghetto fabrication to allow it to work.