Blayze2010's EJ1 build

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Basically picked this thing up for $800 and started ripping it down right when it was parked in my garage. Will most likely just swap the y7 out of my other car in here for now plus a 5 speed swap and in the mean time rebuild the z6.

And the main reason I picked up this car, the dash is almost mint!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
First one in for this. Looks like quite the project.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glwb!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glwb...

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys, just got the engine on my stand. Guna start dropping the trans out then change out the steering rack with a new one. Then do a good clean up of the bay.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U gonna tuck the bay?

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Havent decided if I want to do a full wire tuck, battery and fuse block relocate or just a mild wire tuck. Kinda trying to get this on the road in time to enjoy it in the summer so I might wait on the full tuck when I drop the z6 back in there.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just do it now...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can dig it! Definitely tuned in for this build :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Most likely will be doing the tuck now, started on the headlight wires tonight. Will be doing more work on it tomorrow, but its hard when its 100+ degrees outside. lol

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I feel ya on heat keepin ya from gettin s**t done. Its kept me out of the garage the last few nights...

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I was just out working on it and pulled the trans out, the hour I was out there working I was already covered in sweat from head toe.

Cant decide if I want to keep that wing on there or switch deck lids with my other car and go without a wing, any thoughts?

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Little update. Got both harnesses on the sides of the bay ready to start tucking, degreased the bay, got the auto piece of s*** out and got the old steering rack out. Still TONS more to do, heres a pic

PS: sorry for the shitty camera phone pics, its all I have right now.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
LMK if you need anything. I have a lot of parts and I build a lot of engines.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man, im looking for an s000 trans right now and an ex 5spd ecu

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So you want a s20 B000 trans right? an ex manual is what you're trying to find? It won't be hard to find one around here. I can make a few texts and probably will find someone I know that has one.

Edit: I've also done an auto to manual swap before and I can tell you everything you'll need with the swap. From wiring to what you do and don't need.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah thats exactly what i need, and an ex 5spd ecu.

Ive been reading up a little on the auto to manual swap, still not real clear on what all I have to do. But I do know I need an auto to manual mount.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Decided on a vitara build for my z6, will commence at a later date (much later). Too damn hot to work on the car so xbox it is!

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've built a few D series. One vitara build. The other with forged hardware. Lmk if you need any tips. Of course if you're using aftermarket rods you need to notch the block and girdle. Also there is some wiring needed for the reverse lights