bleeding a clutch

dseriesboi

5+ Year Member
wat is the best way to bleed the clutch...ive bleed it for ever and still have no pedal...

JR-Style

Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honda's are finiky when it comes to bleeding there clutches, best way to do it is to have two people helping, one person inside the car, one outside, get the person outside the car to (always watch res level) while the person inside pushes the pedal down and as pushing down slowly get the person outside to crack the bleeder, when all the way down, get the person outside to close the bleeder and person inside to lift the pedal up, so open bleeder, pedal down, close bleeder, pedal up, open bleeder, pedal down, close bleeder pedal up etc. this will force fluid constantly through the system without "pumping" to break bubbles into smaller bubbles and harder to get out. shouldnt take long to flush through the whole system, it doesnt hold to much.

JR-Style

Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh, and if you are having lots of trouble or you only have one person, gravity bleed it, also works, not quite aswell for bleeding the master, but good way to do it when you are alone. just crack the bleeder till its dripping out and keep topping the master res. may have to force bleed if air gets trapped int he master though. (also takes a lot longer)

MANNYBOY23

buy my rims please!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
jeah just go with the 2 person its a lot faster and better i recently had to change the clutch cylender by myslef it took more than 30 min to get some pressure so just do it with somebody else

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the way i do it seems to be a bit different than whats posted above and it always works great for me. so take your choice. get a helper. person inside pumps the pedal, person outside maintains a full fluid level and works the bleeder. if it becomes empty or low, you will have to start all over.

pump the pedal til its hard. put foot on pedal with pressure to put it down (it wont move, bc its too hard). open the bleeder til it all comes out (the pedal will go to the floor). pump the pedal again til it gets hard. and repeat.

rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. do this til all of the air is out. voila.

dseriesboi

5+ Year Member
thanks it worked but on the way out of the garage the axle came out idk if im going to get anyluck

JR-Style

Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy said:
the way i do it seems to be a bit different than whats posted above and it always works great for me. so take your choice. get a helper. person inside pumps the pedal, person outside maintains a full fluid level and works the bleeder. if it becomes empty or low, you will have to start all over.

pump the pedal til its hard. put foot on pedal with pressure to put it down (it wont move, bc its too hard). open the bleeder til it all comes out (the pedal will go to the floor). pump the pedal again til it gets hard. and repeat.

rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. do this til all of the air is out. voila.

the only bad thing about this method is it makes big bubbles turn into small bubbles, makes them harder to get out, i normally do it like this on brakes, but for honda clutches i use the other way. but if it worked good for you, who knows, maybe will go good for him too.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JR-Style said:
the only bad thing about this method is it makes big bubbles turn into small bubbles, makes them harder to get out, i normally do it like this on brakes, but for honda clutches i use the other way. but if it worked good for you, who knows, maybe will go good for him too.
i see what you are saying. ill try it like that next time and see how it goes